The Scourge of Voter Fraud

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by JayVols, Apr 1, 2014.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

in most places you'd be praised for encouraging people to get valid IDs

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Mark of the devil, IMO.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Mark of the Beast, big government nanny state trying to make me carry an ID.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'd say we are at least 50 years too late for that concern.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

baaaaa, sheep.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

In seriousness, the technology exists to have a biometric record of who votes. Example: you show up with your voter registration card, sign your name and scan your finger. That finger record goes against the database of your region/state and prevents the same person from voting multiple times. Still no ID required.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Good grief. Can you imagine the left outcry over that one? I guarantee you the right is good with it if it's practical from a funding standpoint.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

It wouldn't be expensive.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I guarantee that the vast majority of the right would be good with it. Some of the libertarians would like to avoid the record and those running from Kurt Cameron would avoid the mark, but avoiding the double voting would be of value to the system.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'm going to assume that would be considered a much greater violation of privacy than a photo id.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

probably, but i don't think would really care. you tap my phone and read all my email, it bothers me. You have my fingerprints, I couldn't care less.

Unless, I missed the point and you're accurately implying that liberals are more likely to be criminals.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't care either, but recently a california congressman suggested that to get a drivers license you get full fingerprints. you'd think he suggested slavery being legal.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm imagining it like this:

if you go to vote, and when voting is all done your fingerprint was only used once, then end of story (obviously).

if you go to vote, and your fingerprint is used multiple times as seen at the end of voting, each person who signed is summoned/investigated, fingerprints taken, etc and in the end either the technical/clerical snafu is detected or someone is charged with voter fraud.

If there were no problems, that data is tossed after the election/election review.

but ya, some would have a problem with it. I wouldn't. I don't think voter fraud is a statistically significant problem, but I am open to ways to improve the system so long as they don't unfairly burden specific groups.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

See, I don't get that.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

In Iraq, everyone had to vote in person and you had your finger dipped in dye afterward to show that you voted already. Why not something like that?

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Shit would malfunction left and right.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not if we didn't let congressional cronies win the bid (like we always always do).

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it's because the man would use that information for evil.

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Wait, liberals are more likely to be criminals? How do you figure?

20. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I really don't see why anyone would have an issue with requiring a photo ID to vote, as long as people are given enough time to acquire them and don't have to pay for them.