Firearm Enthusiasts Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by RockyHill, Aug 21, 2014.

1. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Thanks ... I'll check it out.

2. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

My bad ... just texted him to find out the price and was informed that it wasn't a Springfield. It's a smith & wesson 1911 tactical series. Said he paid a little over a thousand for it.

3. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

They're all pretty nice and fun to shoot. Especially since ammo is in stock and more affordable

4. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

I need a 1911 in my life.

5. l3rewski

l3rewski Member

A Rock Island Armory 1911 is on my short list. They seem to be a great value.

6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I have the SW 1911. I'm a big fan of it.

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

A lot of people like the Ruger SR1911. Apparently the gun is made from a single piece of stock, so all the metal flows the same.

8. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I'm ignorant ... what's the advantage?

9. fl0at_

Smoother action, I guess.

10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I hear the same. Check that cdnn link too

11. l3rewski

l3rewski Member

Yeah, that's a pretty decent deal. The prices on RIA's seems to have gone up (at least locally) to the point where it would make more sense to spend a little more on a Springfield.

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

that gun's a POS. I have a Nova that I love, but the mechanical action on that SBE is awesome and has never let me down. I haven't treated it well either. I have replaced any of the mechanism with after market stuff either. It's just an off the shelf SBE that works and works and works and works. I hunt any and all types of birds with it. I have an over under I got from my dad and a Citori lightning which have both been shelved in favor of that thing.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Mossbergs are turkey guns because you only get one shot a day with them

14. fl0at_

My SBE has failed me twice. Only gun other than an AR that needs a forward assist.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It sounds like I need to try duck hunting

16. fl0at_

Be prepared to not just try it.

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I couldn't get the bug too bad. Campbell County isn't a hot bed for them.

18. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

My Mossberg works just fine, but it is an older one. I don't know if their reliability has went downhill lately.

19. Customtaco

Customtaco Member

I know alot of the guys on this board live in Tennessee so I know a great online resource that is comprised of mostly guys from Tennessee. tngunowners.com. This is a great resource for anything gun related and is a stand up forum. You can ask any question without getting flamed and they have a great buy,sale, or trade section.

20. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Mine is 100% original, and is about as fun to shoot as any gun I have ever tried. Have a Remington made Springfield 30:06 with sport stock. It has the magazine you load with five rounds with the metal loader wire.