Firearm Enthusiasts Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by RockyHill, Aug 21, 2014.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Then it's officially off my list

2. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

My wife hates mine but likes her .38 S&W.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's me. I want one, just don't know for sure which one

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

An old A5 is the sweetest shooting shotgun you can own.

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I participated in a live-fire display put on by Montreat College in Black Mountain, NC. They had military weapons from the Rev War through modern guns including cannons. (You've not lived until you' ve pulled the lanyard to live-fire a black powder cannon. It was a 3 pounder mountain howitzer that I shot.) I saw a guy using a Civil War era Whitworth sniper rifle with iron sights and using 2 sticks held together with a leather strap for a bipod in the prone position outshoot a guy using a 50 cal Barrett m107a1 with scope and seated in a chair with the gun stabilized on a table with a built-in bipod at 1,000 yards. They were shooting plywood silhouettes hanging from trees up the mountain. It was impressive.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitworth_rifle

[​IMG]

6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Seems like someone on this board said they had access to a canon

7. JayVols

My old reenactment group is aging. And not aging very gracefully at that. We used to do infantry. Still do sometimes, but we thought it prudent to begin the transition to artillery. One of our members bought a 3 pounder mountain howitzer. It goes, BOOM!

8. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I enjoy shooting my Henry Boy lever action .22

9. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Best plinking gun around.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

don't know. There are a lot of really sweet shooting shotguns out there. I have several and my default, even for dove at this point, is my SBE.

11. JayVols

It may not be the prettiest or most fancy shotgun, but for my money, it's hard to beat a Remington 870 when you just want a shotgun to work.

12. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Mine has killed a whole bunch of thunder chickens over the years.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

and the sound of that round being chambered is probably ugly for the burglar types too.

14. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

F-ing awesome

15. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Sound Universally know as the, I just broke into the wrong house

16. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Speaking of a canon, I had the chances to buy an operational canon once. My wife wouldn't let me buy it, said she was saving me from myself.

17. JayVols

And Halloween pranksters...

18. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Thats what I deer hunt with. Have a rifled barrel with a scope. They don't run far when you hit them with a 12g a. slug.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

An 870 is hard to beat.

I've got an old benelli nova. That thing has been a boat paddle, a dove, a turkey and a duck gun. I've dropped it twice in knee deep water too. It's still ticking.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I duck hunt with a browning maxus, turkey hunt with an old 10 gauge browning pump and have a Remington 700 30-06 to snipe deer.