Firearm Enthusiasts Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by RockyHill, Aug 21, 2014.

1. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

2. l3rewski

l3rewski Member

I shot a rental one at a range. It shot beautifully. Reminded me of a CZ75 (which I adore) in terms of feel and balance.

3. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Anybody own or have experience with the Diamondback pistols. I think I'm going to buy the 380. My Springfield 9mm is small and can be concealed but certainly isn't a "pocket" pistol. They generally get good reviews and aren't expensive at all.

4. Customtaco

Customtaco Member

My CEO has one. I have never heard him say anything bad about it. Of course it's probably not had any shells through it. I understand it is relatively inexpensive for that range of firearm but have you checked out the sheild? I loved the one I shot and I have a full size smith and one if their AR'S. Can't go wrong with them I believe.

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Look into the bodyguard. Small, portable, well built. Has a safety and you can get it with or without built in laser.

6. RockyHill

It's down to those two.

7. fl0at_

Try to shoot them if possible. Some ranges have test pistols. DB grip looks a bit thicker.

I like the bodyguard, but that's me. Bit higher price tag too, though. Bodyguard just feels like a gun I can shoot. Most pocket 380s are built more to carry a lot, fire little.

8. RockyHill

I'm gonna try to. Price difference isn't enough for me to balk at spending a little more for the bodyguard if I were to like it better. Probably gonna pony up for the laser sight too.

9. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

I just bought a shield in 9mm. It is the model with the safety but the safety is solid and won't move accidentally.

10. punkcat

punkcat Member

Pimp gun, cocked and locked 1911 is the only way to go (other than a Glock 23 or 27)

11. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

this is what I have. .45 over .380 anytime.

12. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I picked up a KelTec KSG Saturday. Its pretty cool

13. RockyHill

At some point I'll buy a 1911 .45, not gonna skimp though so I'll have to save my pennies.

Edit: I acknowledge there is nothing that beats a 1911.

14. fl0at_

Sometimes I need a screwdriver. Sometimes I need a drill with a Phillips head bit.

15. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Yeah... I got an Ed Brown Executive Carry and its the cats ass.

16. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Any suggestions on where to take the handgun permit course in Knoxville area? Tactical Advantage Corp. any good?

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Call Jim at Knoxville Tactical.

18. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

19. punkcat

punkcat Member

20. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

The gun dealer on Breaking Bad said the 38 special was a good, reliable gun. So, I learned that.