Hercules checkmates atheists

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

They absolutely have a right to seek to influence public policy, and here, in this country, if nowhere else. If that influence proves successful, or goes too far as to otherwise cause an infringement, then our judiciary will ensure that proper boundaries are maintained.

But the ability to seek to wield some influence of public policy? Its absurd to argue that they do not, as so says the Constitution, about 200 years of American judicial review, and even the most modest degree of the most common sense.

And not in spite of the 1st Amendment, but because of it.

Or, are the fundamentally religious somehow lesser than any other citizen? Of course, this predicates your understanding of the 1st Amendments universal and inalienable applicability, and that it cannot be given, hindered or rescinded simply because you happen to disagree or disapprove of it. Which, at this late hour, is perhaps my being overly optimistic, in hopes that you've suddenly realized that pesky truth.

They have just as much right as you, and your ilk, the blubbering mush-mouths of the despondent and atheistic fringe.

If you (or Norris, or anyone else) don't prefer to live in a country comprised of an overwhelmingly Christian faith, again - and with all due respect - tough shit, because it is. Perhaps avail yourself of the notably easy process by which a US Passport can be obtained, and any number of carriers willing to take you elsewhere, anywhere, but here.

Because all of the Reddit threads, Bill Maher monologues, Prius', Birkenstocks, chicken-shit to snarky passive-aggressiveness or Richard Dawkins drivel isn't changing that shit.

Hide. And. Watch. Malcontent.

2. Tenacious D

So, the "fundamentally" religious do have a right to seek influence of public policy, however un/successful it may ultimately prove to be, and in/defensible and/or un/sound it may similarly be found to be?

Or, they do not, and should be denied this right, as your previous post alleged?

3. Tenacious D

What's interesting about such a blatantly stupid thought, such as they propose?

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Curiosity more than anything I guess.

Hard to explain, but I just find it weird for someone to tell me I shouldnt vote for what I think is right when they plan to do that.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Even the part where he said the "chipping away of religion.....has brought our country down"? Certainly, you aren't buying the nostalgic nonsense that things were so much better in America in the Good 'Ol Days?

I'm also quite confident in my non-religious nature without any need for deep down realizations or suppressed anger. However, perhaps some of the anger isn't deep down knowledge that god is real, but, as you vehemently state, they are living in a "Christian nation" and told "tough shit" when they object to efforts of said people to lobby for laws that enforce Christian beliefs upon everyone.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Do you think I'm mad? A malcontent? Okay, if you say so. I don't know why you tell me to hide. Do you think I am hiding? Or are you telling me I should be hiding?

This is my country as much as it is yours. The majority doesn't simply rule in this country, and it is a damn good thing. I will watch. From where I am sitting, the winds shifted in my favor awhile ago. Calling me a "blubbering mushmouth" was funny though.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Don't be a mushmouth, uni.

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Well, many Christians seem angry to me. Perhaps, deep down, they really know god isn't real. I think it's solid logic, but I can't be sure.

9. Beechervol

Could be in some cases.

Completely wrong in others.

10. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I'm not sure where it places me in this wonderment of a discussion, but we need a second vehicle and it will likely be a Prius. I do loathe birkenstocks, however.

11. Beechervol

I feel the same way.

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Doc says it'll never happen. I'll prove him wrong.

13. Tenacious D

Sorry? Planes leave every single day, but you're still here. Lots of places don't have a population comprised of a majority of Christians. This one does. Again, tough shit, I guess.

14. Tenacious D

No, my advice to "hide and watch" was merely hyperbole. I think that those who share your beliefs and general outlook have existed for far too-long in the shadows, and want nothing more than to bring you all, center stage. I'd like to give you the biggest microphone and the loudest speaker, set below the largest and singularly brightest spotlight man can produce.

Only then will I be able to most fully enjoy that moment when you realize that most not only fail to agree with you, that you're the stupidest person in the room, a shockingly infinitesimal segment of a much larger population and that this nation does, in fact, exist beyond Colorado and outside of Reddit.

And of course you'd make such an outlandishly absurd and patently stupid comment like, "the majority doesn't rule". Perhaps you could explain to everyone how voting works, and what influence the majority holds there?

But thank you for the admission that this country does, in fact, belong to you - and everyone else - "fundamentalists" or not. You didn't seem to grasp that, well, ever.

No, IP, the last thing I want is for people like you and Un to do, is hide. Or stop talking.

15. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I have a Prius and my Birkenstocks are one of the most comfortable pair of shoes I've ever worn.

Can I still be a Christian or do I have to resign?

16. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Don't forget your man card

17. JayVols

My manhood is fully intact. If not, no way I admit to owning a Prius and Birkenstocks. Nothing unmanly about saving money & reducing this nation's dependence on countries that at best turn a blind eye to folks that seek to destroy us. In fact, that's downright patriotic. As to the footwear, my body is built for comfort not style.

However, wearing anything pink is a line in the sand I refuse to cross.

18. OrangeEmpire

[​IMG]

19. OrangeEmpire

I wear pink and pastels all the time.

20. JayVols

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014