Iraq Battles Islamists in Saddam’s Hometown

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Speaking of "Do work, son" - here's several nautical f**k-tons of "not F'ing around" departing the Arleigh Burke, to distant and soon-to-be-dust parts, yet unknown.

[youtube]H9034BawdX4[/youtube]

I would show you guys what a submarine looks like when it's launching "nautical f**k tons", but that's an entirely different set of footage, altogether, and which would undoubtedly render NYY unconscious.

3. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

This is an MH-60L Defensive Armed Penetrator (DAP). This was a gun run on dug in position in Iraq ... probably shouldn't say where. I didn't realize I my a/c was in this chalk until way later. The video was shot by the guys we were providing CAS for. We can't compete with the firepower that Tenny is showing above though. My wife's brothers are in the Navy and it's just amazing what those ships are capable of.

[video=youtube;DKP3kAjOi8Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKP3kAjOi8Y&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Hard to say. F-22s usually have a wingman. So if they were maxed out in load, and pulling the 2.4 nautical shit tons you spec'd, there'd be two of them, for a total of 4.8 nautical shit tons, or roughly 5 nautical shit tons.

But I "big O" it down to one nautical shit ton, which would be right for both one or two F22s. Norris can explain Big O.

5. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

My wife can explain "big O".

6. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

America, **** yeah.

7. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

The whole Presidents saluting is stupid anyway. Didn't exist until 1981 when Reagan just started *doing* it. And of course, Clinton didn't want to look less commandery and then we were locked in forever.

9. OrangeEmpire

Either way, it's poor situational awareness and a brain fart by the White House.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

God help me if I was on camera 24/7/365 with the internet instantly sending it world wide before I can even walk 10 feet.

11. OrangeEmpire

You're not the president.

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It's people who want to piss and moan about Obama finding a way to piss and moan. Bush used to salute while holding his dog from time to time. I didn't care then and I don't care now.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

But he is still human and will invariably make faux pas (like the picture) and it will be plastered everywhere with people saying "Look!" One of the many reasons I would never, ever be President.

14. OrangeEmpire

Then he should get called on it.

Like it or not, if you are the president, you have many hats to wear.

To discount the ceremonial role of the president is silly.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

it is stupid, but not having the respect to do it appropriately is way stupider. He's the cinc for cripes sake.

Surprisingly, a clown like Obama gets tremendous levels of support throughout the enlisted ranks in the military. This is exactly the type of crap that starts a fire the other direction.

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

disrespect or lack of care isn't a faux pas. This was just garbage. I don't want to make a mountain of it because it isn't, but it's very telling about his views of the military and its importance to his function.

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

holding his dog? you can hold anything on earth with the opposite hand. It isn't pissing and moaning - it's disrespect and it isn't debateable to someone willing to have worn our uniform.

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

[​IMG]

19. OrangeEmpire

I'll say the same thing those Marines were thinking

**** STICK!

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain