Iraq Battles Islamists in Saddam’s Hometown

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Jun 12, 2014.

1. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-06-12/iraq-seeks-to-check-advance-of-islamists-near-saddam-s-hometown.html

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I thought that we created a utopia with that war thingy.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Can't teach an old dog new tricks.

4. OrangeEmpire

[​IMG]

5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

These guys have been fighting for a thousand years and we think because we go over there and ask them to stop they will just put down the AK's?

6. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

If I could ask one question to every president ... ever ... it would be, why in the hell does there always seem to be this innate desire by the American administration to rebuild the nations that we attack? If they attack us, we strike with the appropriate escalated response that will deter any future attack ... and then ****ing leave. Just leave. Nothing else.

7. OrangeEmpire

The Marshall Plan and Europe.

Other than that, I've got nothing.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Where are they getting their equipment?

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

[​IMG]

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

There's no money for our war complex that way, and both sides benefit from it.

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

"I am very optimistic about -- about Iraq. I mean, this could be one of the great achievements of this administration. You're going to see 90,000 American troops come marching home by the end of the summer. You're going to see a stable government in Iraq that is actually moving toward a representative government," said Biden.

"I spent -- I've been there 17 times now. I go about every two months -- three months. I know every one of the major players in all of the segments of that society. It's impressed me. I've been impressed how they have been deciding to use the political process rather than guns to settle their differences."

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hahaha, ya blame Biden. Or Obama. That's great. Hahaha

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Oh. You didn't read the quotes. No problem.

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I blame Bush for taking out Saddam Hussein; a guy who stabilized Iraq and kept Iran in check.

I laugh at you, Biden, and Obama for pretending this administration has a clue. Hahaha!

15. OrangeEmpire

But.....but.......but....we go Bin Laden

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Yes we did.

17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

You believe that? Pssh, that was a old Chicago nemesis they dumped in the sea.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm starting to resort back to my plan of starting at the Mediterranean and drop nukes 10 miles apart every 50 miles until we get to the East China Sea.

19. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

This is a big f'n deal

20. The gov is always looking for reasons to redistribute taxpayers dollars. 10-15 years ago, war was a non-debatable issue. Late last summer Obama and McCain tried to redistribute our tax dollars in some mid-eastern shit hole, but the public told them to gtfo. McCain actually said whatever sand lot is where we'd find Saddam's WMDs, LOL!