Sounds Like Barnes Hiring is Imminent

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

because of us or because of them?

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Little of both. They know they can both be incredibly selective in choosing their next job and don't see getting out of their geographic region to work for a dubious AD as being the smart play.

3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Not my top choice but Barnes is an accomplished name, and 60 is no deterrent. Plenty of good basketball left in the tank.

Given his stature, this does not feel like a Dave hart hire.

4. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

This is what pisses me off the most. Of course, he's decent, but the "it could be a lot worse" mentality speaks volumes for how poor this pprogram currently is. This is essentially the Phillip Fulmer Method.

5. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Thinking ahead another year yet, would getting you inside Thompson-Boling mean we are Final Four material?

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

[video=youtube;lMNw_-yUm_0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMNw_-yUm_0[/video]

7. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

Until there is fundamental regime change within the administration and athletic department, the hiring of a Rick Barnes-quality hire maybe isn't the best we could hope for but...it's up there.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Weren't you the guy that said "call bob stoops until he gets a restraining order"? What's the difference?

9. OrangeBlood79

Our BB program pales in comparison to our Football program...?

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm not condoning it, I'm just saying we've watched him hire a guy that couldn't win the big East and a guy with ncaa violations at two stops.

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

There are also a lot fewer guys that can win in the SEC in football as opposed to basketball.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The athletic department is in disarray too

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Yeah our football program has been in outstanding shape lately

14. OrangeBlood79

Historically....but, yes.

15. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Tennessee hadn't called Bob Stoops 11 months earlier and been told they were wasting their time. Also, Dave Hart is probably at least self aware enough to know who would and would not work for him.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I didn't realize his wife was a Tennessee graduate

17. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

need to hire a new sound guy

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

that was next level embarrassing

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

if that list has more than a couple names on it, he should voluntarily step down immediately or be summarily fired.

20. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

What happened?