Yet Another Shooting on a Campus

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NorrisAlan, Oct 1, 2015.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Where would you most likely attack if you were wanting to do the most damage? With a group you know has no access, even forbidden, from weapons? Or from a place where you aren't sure the amount of weapons, or even who possessed them?

Answer that... With your stupid ass notions aside.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

What's crazy about it?

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not arguing that he wasn't targeting Christians. He said as much and said "hell would welcome him." I am indeed arguing that this isn't "persecution," because words have meanings and one rogue psycho doing something that is universally condemned doesn't qualify. Why is it that you want to be persecuted so badly? There are plenty of places in the world where that would happen, I sincerely hope you never visit any of them and see the difference.

Whoa, just go to the second paragraph. Now I persecute. Me. You just jumped the shark, equivocating what you claim happened in a mass shooting to me frequenting a message board.

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

It isn't? That's insane. Maybe IP meant to respond to this stupid idea that we don't have right to defend ourselves.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Expecting insane people to not be insane. Not only is the expectation that they will rationally decide not to do terrible acts because they'll die (they obviously have death wishes, and other violent acts like gang wars go on despite knowing the other side is armed), but also that you didn't just facilitate these acts by encouraging more crazies to be armed at all times.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I think it's a pretty clear hate crime, but I have a different conception of what persecution is and an event like this doesn't create a pattern or environment of persecution. I think, if there were a sense of persecution, you, as a Christian, would feel or sense the same kind of danger that this guy inflicted upon those people there. I doubt you feel such danger as a lay Christian in your day to day life that people whom are part of persecuted groups would feel.

7. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

With a firearm? No, it's not. Don't get me wrong, I stand on your side here.

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

How was he encouraging armed citizens? How is it rational to forbid them? You do realize that the legislation you're after has nothing at all to do with the silly commentary you're making on individual decision making.

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Who said I wanted to be persecuted? This guy was a nut job. But his target and his systematic way of doing it was the exact definition of persecution. If you don't want to say this was persecution and just a nut job, then your argument about gun control is on the same level. You're either talking out of both sides of your mouth, or your walking your party line beliefs. Both are ignorant.

And you clearly missed what I'm talking about with your second paragraph notion. I think you're a good dude. But you are a nut job as well with your beliefs and inability to ever see a side beyond yours. You just haven't asked anyone if they're a Christian and pulled a trigger. But your belittlement of all things not IP is a tired, gloomy act.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you want more shootings, just be honest with what it is. Quit trying to spin and sell it as something it isn't.

See what I did there?

11. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Who are you to dictate to others how they think they should defend themselves?

12. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

LOL. You are really spinning in your own shit here. If gun control isn't an assault on freedom what is it? Just answer the question. Why won't Obama be honest. My question is black and white. Your question isn't.

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Day to day fear? No. And like I've mentioned to IP, I'm not one of those looking for persecution nor am I looking for a victim card to toss.

But there are crazies on both sides of aisle. And there may come a day that I'm asked a similar question. You could be as well. Let's just hope we aren't in a sitting duck situation like these poor folks. And maybe, just maybe, a responsible gun carrier is out there to help.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Here's the problem with what I've seen thrown out in gun control.

Why limit what law abiding citizens can own? 99.9% of citizens will never go on a psycho shooting spree. Why can't they have assault rifles if it tickles their fancy? Why can't someone have a banana clip?

There has to be a better way

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Wait, you got mad when IP said people were "almost as crazy as the shooter", yet call him and the shooter the same thing, "nut jobs"?

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Because it's dangerous and dumb. Of course.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hey, what's my argument on gun control? This ought to be good. Be sure to quote.

I'm not talking out of both sides of my mouth. I just can't believe people would be so selfish and oblivious as to hijack yet another mass shooting and try to turn it into a religious thing. You know, like what was tried with the Charleston shooting up until the guy said it was specifically an attempt to start a race war. Weird how Tenny or no one called racism on Obama when he didn't have cops and agents swarming there. Almost like you guys are just playing politics. Reread this paragraph as many times as it takes for you to see the obvious hypocrisy of what's happening in this thread.

If what I type on a message board is "persecution," then how is any religion not a systematic set of persecuting beliefs? Honestly, you're going to have to explain that to me.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm persecuting him. With my different opinions and beliefs.

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I persecute Bama fans all the time

20. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

You serious, Clark? God given right to bear arms, not just to defend themselves, but with a firearm. Anyone who believes that is a God given right is a moron.