Yet Another Shooting on a Campus

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NorrisAlan, Oct 1, 2015.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Uh, if criminals have firearms then that absolutely falls into the category of a right to own to defend yourself

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

There are perfectly reasonable restrictions on the use of firearms while still retaining the ability of people to possess a firearm. I see no reason to allow assault rifles or bananas clips. Not allowing them doesn't inhibit personal protection, in any way, and I can't see any way that allowing them doesn't create a greater danger than not allowing them.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

IPs body of work and inability to ever look beyond his grasp of life makes him a nut job. The same guy who called Christians dangerous and dumb. The same guy who has veiled comments and blatant disrespect comments at every chance.

So yea, he's either a nutjob or an *******.

Possibly both.

4. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I don't see how that even relates to what I'm saying.

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Magazine size should never be an issue.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Why? If they won't be used by said person for anything evil. A .30-06 hunting rifle with a scope can be used by an idiot to go on a killin spree. What's the difference in owning a hunting rifle and an assault rifle in that case?

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

That's your problem then

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

You're lying. That's sad.

9. RockyHill

Woah, woah, woah.

We have a God given right to own firearms.

Someone please defend that statement. I think people just like to disagree with me, I mean shit.

10. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Ya know, law enforcement has only been around since maybe mid 1800's and that wasn't what we think of today as a police force. Historically you and your fellow citizens where the police force. You defended yourself however you needed to. It is a God given right.

11. Unimane

He ain't the only one here operating in this manner.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Can you describe the event in which the Lord issued you a firearm?

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Technological advances created guns. We have a right to defend ourselves. Good luck carrying a knife or your bare fists into a gun fight. Therefore, we have a right to own firearms for self defense

14. RockyHill

You are not a smart person.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Do what? I was born with rights to some methodology?

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's what he is asking.

17. RockyHill

Are Americans the only people with this god given right. Are all the people of the world without access to the same guns we have somehow having their natural rights trampled?

18. Unimane

An AK-47 is quite different from a hunting rifle. I'm certainly not an expert on firearms, but I think this is pretty clear.

19. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

He/She/It didn't. You don't have the right to have a firearm provided to you. Just like you don't have a right to have healthcare provided to you nor do you have a right to have education provided to you, nor a free Obama phone, etc. I'm sure you get the point. I do find it odd that you see the point when it comes to a gun...but not health care, education, obama phone, etc. But back on topic, you have a right to self defense by whatever means you see necessary.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Different type of firearm, same result in the end.