Richt to Miami

Discussion in 'Sports' started by NYY, Dec 3, 2015.

1. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Compare the first seven full seasons for both Fulmer and Richt, they're almost identical aside from Fulmer's NC.

Overall, Fulmer is 152-52 / bowls 8-7, 2 SEC Champs, 6 SEC East Titles, and 1 COY ('98) Award while Richt is 145-51 / bowls 9-5, 2 SEC Champs, 6 SEC East Titles and 2 ('02 & '05) COY Awards, again very similar sans the natty.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Saw on ESPN where Richt has seen Nacho Libre over 50 times.

I remember when Lyle was hired here he was asked by a local radio guy what his favorite Motley Crue song was and he stumbled, bumbled and finally said "We're Not Going To Take It" (which of course was by Twisted Sister, not Crue).

It's the little things in coaching, imho.

3. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

All things considered, Fulmer is better than Richt, the title is the cherry on top.

Richt sucks.

4. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

He doesn't suck and continuing to say it won't make it true.

5. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

10 consecutive years of achieving nothing of note in one of the most talent rich areas in the country, what would you call it?

What he's accomplished at Georgia the last 15 years is pretty much bare minimum.

6. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

The fact that it happened to Georgia fans makes me smile

7. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Compare Ron Zook v. Steve Spurrier. Fulmer had better teams. Inarguably.

8. kidbourbon

I have never seen Nacho Libre.
    And the best Motley Crue song is obviously 'Kickstart My Heart'.

9. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

If Richt didn't shit the bed against Fulmer in 2007 then he'd probably have a national championship too. At least that team would have had an even shot against LSU for the SEC. 2012 can be blamed on Saban existing. Fulmer likely wouldn't have done as well in the era Richt was at UGA, but they are very similar.

10. kidbourbon

Again, Richt's "prime" was when Florida was down. Fulmer's was when Florida was awesome.

11. kidbourbon

Well, he doesn't reek even worse than my nuts do, but he don't smell like a fresh can of tennis balls either.

12. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

That's why the shitiest program in a power 5 conference, Kansas, wouldn't hire Fulmer, after Fulmer let it be known he was interested and Richt lands a job in less than a week.

13. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

What would be funny is if Miami played UGa in a bowl game... It could happen!

14. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

As long as we're entertaining the hypothetical.... Clint Stoerner doesn't put that ball on the ground... Fulmer has no Natty. The 'Cuse game was pretty miraculous too.

15. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

Was it pass interference that kept us alive in the Syracuse game?

16. kidbourbon

You do realize that these type of hypotheticals could negate every single national championship?

17. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Yes, on a 4th down incompletion.

18. kidbourbon

Great argument, assface.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Not sure how much that matters. I think Richt could have managed to lose to Spurrier over and over.

20. kidbourbon

Your second sentence doesn't seem to follow your first.