Trump is GOP Nominee

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kidbourbon, Dec 10, 2015.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Nope. It's real. But these aren't deeply held political beliefs he has. Dude has no core. He loves attention, celebrity, and power. He is just playing Republican politics and doing so pretty effectively. The problem is that I believe he would continue to pander to people's worst instincts once in power. He has a fundamental need for the spotlight and does not seem to have a well-developed conscience or thoughtfulness.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I posted the link and just said "it's fake" and my wife insisted I take it down for fear of insulting her for "arguing politics." Personally I'd like to know if I posted something that is fake, in particular if I was making an ass of myself about it, but I don't think like a woman.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Wait, wait... your wife cares what we think?

I didn't even think you cared what we think.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

No I posted that it was fake on her friends Facebook. That's what she wants taken down which I did for marital harmony

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

His PC part is starting to become true though with safe zones and the bullying, and sexual assault stuff starting to blow up on campuses around the country.

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Aw, ok. Gottcha.

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

His statements are little more than wishful thinking.

I think Trump rolls liberalism out on its ass. And it's a very, very real possibility that he can.

That's why he is untouchable.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

You're just using PC as a perjorative, and boxing things in that don't actually belong together. Mainstream culture rejects safe zones, but doesn't like bullying or sexual assault.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I picked out a nice dollar for you. It has JFK's head on it. You're going to want it.

EDIT: Oops, not JFK. That's another coin. This is Susan B. Anthony. Your interest wanes.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Perhaps wrongly, I feel it is my duty to speak up and point out when something like that is factually wrong.

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

He's just on the other side of the coin to modern liberalism. Just an authoritative ******* trolling the other side

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The SA on campus has been way overblown to push political agendas though is the issue. A lot of the bullying is overblown too. if anyone hurts their feelings at all its bullying.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

"way" overblown. I'm not so sure, from what I've seen and heard myself.

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Women in college are safer than women of the same age not in college of being a victim of SA. So it's safer than the general public, so we need to overstep due process on campus to stamp it out?

I hate that it happens at all but it has been blown out of proportion for political agendas.

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The "I'm not PC" justifications made in order to say anything is equally annoying as the PC crowd, as if simply saying that mantra gives one carte blanche to make any dumbass statement.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

No the first amendment gives them that. Both should be called out if its wrong.

17. Unimane

The country is overwhelmingly not liberal, or just the people you know. I remember similar astonishment among conservatives in 2012 when they overestimated their numbers, which were often based upon the chatter they held amongst themselves. The country is, generally, more liberal on social issues and more conservative on fiscal issues. There's a lot of wishing in one hand in your post and I think you'll need to look at the other hand to get some amount of reality as to what will happen.

18. Unimane

Well, of course the first amendment does this, but I was referring to this idea that people think they can say "I'm not PC" as some sort of justification for their perspective. Trump does it all the time.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

As if saying that makes whatever they say more truthful or valid, since it isn't PC.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It'd be one thing if it was just her dumb opinion, but she was going nuts about a fake article. My argument was that I was doing her a favor by not letting herself get further embarrassed.