Richt to Miami

Discussion in 'Sports' started by NYY, Dec 3, 2015.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I'd like to see the percentage of signees that finished at UT from '05-'08 classes.

2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I don't.

3. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Eric Berry doe

4. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

To be fair, he only recruited one guy who ended up killing somebody, and that guy was really good so he gets a pass.

5. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

In the end (casualties of poor character, academics, and parental interference) wasn't much left of that talented class ... so promising, such a shame

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Everyone says it was all character and other bad qualities. Maybe it had a lot to do with committing to a guy that had coached a couple of recent Heisman winners, had Monte Kiffin and Ed O, but then they wound up playing for an incompetent jerk from Louisiana Tech. I bet that class is remembers very differently if Kiffin hangs around.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah, Bray isn't throwing footballs at Dooley during a game and Da'Rick calms down or is gone after his freshman season

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Da'Rick sure as hell doesn't get to run off a good coach if kiffin is here.

9. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Pilot disagrees. Richardson, JJ, and Edwards (robbery and subsequently dismissed from the team) stupidity was on Kiffin’s watch. JJ later was allowed to return but still issues continued peaking when he murdered his mother’s boyfriend. I think Myles too would eventually have been shown the door under Kiffin as well.

Too, there’s no evidence or reason to believe that the number of Academic casualties (Green, Loften, Sykes) from ’09 class would have been different had Kiffin remained however, there’s no doubt attitude and morale would have been night and day difference.

I do believe that Bray’s antics would be present under Kiffin but less prevalent, Rogers’ as well. Then there are Brown and Oku who I think stay and Teague would remain and shine at receiver. There’s a poss that Askew’s outcome may have been different under Monte and Orgeron

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Seems like Janzen was just a bad apple, but there were no real red flags to speak of during his recruitment that I can recall. The Pilot incident doesn't bother me and isn't significantly worse than stiff that has happened with tons of head coaches, Butch, Fulmer, and Dooley included. Everyone else in that class I have to wonder about. The situation with Dooley was about as bad as a big time athlete could hope to get. A lot of the guys that transferred down a division got a significant coaching upgrade.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Getting your money back from two dumbasses that shorted you isn't a huge deal to me, especially when the two dumbasses were laughing saying they weren't going to press charges

12. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Hold on I don't know this part of the story. Like shorted them on drugs? I've never heard this.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I believe if I remember correctly they were shorted on a bag of weed.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yep and it was "shitty weed"

15. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Exactly. People who bothered to actually figure out what happened there are not bothered at all.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It was still a very stupid thing to do on their part.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You know, a few years prior to that incident we had a TE (who had previously been accused of beating up his girlfriend) threaten a professor, get caught pulling his pants down at TREC, and run away from the UTPD while handcuffed, all in the same day. For some reason that got way less attention.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

And, as I recall, he was recaptured when he ran into a door headfirst and knocked himself out. He didn't notice the rather large sign on the door. It read "PULL".

19. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Agree. However, I would have done something similar.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hahaha