How Trump Proposes to Pay for THE WALL

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

agree with trump. mexico is completely dependent on the US and their leaders can feign outrage as much as they like, but will do our bidding if push comes to shove

3. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

My dislike for Trump is now at an all-time high. Never liked the guy before now, and sure as hell don't like him now that he's proposing this level of BS. Look, I'm all for protecting our citizens and our boarders, because we all know that its an issue, however, memos like this one make my blood boil when there are too many other things that need to be fixed before this. We have a 19 trillion dollar debt growing by the second, and its a ****ing wall that's a big part of his "shock and awe" campaign. Total joke, and makes my inner conservative absolutely furious.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

bet you'd see a huge illegal immigrant rush to the US if any of this got implemented. kind of like the fleeing of people to west Germany after end of the war. now people feel like they can go freely to the US whenever they want.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you don't think a good deal of that debt is due to funding illegal immigrants?

6. g8terh8ter_eric

How much tax money do local, state, and even federal receive from illegals? Quite a bit. Again, illegal immigration is an issue, but Trump is nothing more than a blow hard that would sell his wife in a heartbeat to make a profit.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

No way it even comes close to offsetting the amount spent. Not even close.

I think this out of nowhere memo is a potential savvy political move (yet hysterical regardless), but let's not pretend we're at a net even cost here.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

People with little to no taxable income don't generate enough to pay for the services they use.

9. g8terh8ter_eric

I never said we were, just pointing out that the problem he's trying to deal with isn't even where he needs to start. I'm on board with with repealing the AHCA, but trying to flex his political muscle with this is ridiculous.

10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I haven't seen a wall or fence that a Mexican couldn't climb or tunnel under

11. g8terh8ter_eric

That is very true, but they are at least contributing $100 million in taxes in Tennessee alone per year. They generate 3.1 billion in Cali. I used to think they always get everything for free, but as I got older I realized everyone payed taxes in some way, shape, or form. They obviously get things they shouldn't, but we can't act like they contribute nothing.

12. CardinalVol

It's the lone position he 100% owns. His campaign has hit a stall and has looked fairly inept the past week or so. He's about to lose tonight in Wisconsin, possibly by a large amount. In attempting to get in front of the story and/or change the narrative.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why don't you post your heritage foundation study. You know, the one that says they cost x amount but when you do the math it's a net gain.

14. g8terh8ter_eric

Exactly. He's nothing more than shock value. It's sad to hear some of the older voters talk about him like he's the Savior of the Republican party. Makes me sick. They must not remember him being a staunch Democrat just a few years earlier and funding the Clinton's time during Bill's presidency.

15. CardinalVol

It's politics. If I were on his campaign staff I'd been recommending the exact same sort of move.

16. g8terh8ter_eric

I also wonder how many he's got working for him at his hotels and other establishments.

17. g8terh8ter_eric

True.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

You mean the one showing $200 mil a year loss? Ok

If a bunch of people making zero produce positive taxes why do we have a trillion dollar deficit?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Bullshit. How can a bunch of people making zero produce $3 bil in tax revenues. That's statistically impossible

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Sales tax?