How Trump Proposes to Pay for THE WALL

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Apr 5, 2016.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

sure, but the vast majority surely are illegals.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it's more that they are willing to work for much lower wages than americans for the same jobs.

3. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

With no benefits

4. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

5. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

They also show up.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wonder why Alabama cracking down on illegals didn't net much in the way of positives?

It will be interesting to see what happens, if you guys get your way. I can't wait for the spin.

7. MWR

MWR Contributor

I know this from experience.

Many of my relatives have worked in the drywall business. There was a time where you could put in the hard work and make a living.

But not now. Immigrants have done away with that. They will do a job for less than half of what you need to bid in order to make a living. Of course, little things like insurance and taxes don't figure into their prices. That is just how it is.

So many of my relatives have had to find another way to make a living.

I don't know if that is progress or not.

8. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

Even illegals love Saban in Bamaland.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

probably because there aren't that many illegals in Alabama to make an impact?

what negative impact do you really see happening exactly?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

No, not even close. The degree of error in that statement ought to be enough to keep you from weighing in any further, though I know it won't be. CA is not the only place with illegal immigrants impact it's economy.

[youtube]F0ZzwGSF6Zg[/youtube]

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/undocumented-workers-immigration-alabama

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

gee 120K. serious clark?

From 2000 to 2010, the number of unauthorized immigrants in Alabama jumped from an estimated 25,000 to 120,000, as migrants flocked to jobs in agriculture, meatpacking, and construction.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

You said there wasn't enough to make an impact, because you didn't know that there had been NEGATIVE impacts. Spin away, you didn't know what you were talking about.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'm failing to see how that article proves your point in any way whatsoever?

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Lazy ass legal Americans.

Illegal aliens are just one part of a bigger problem. It's a start, but there's more to it than "they took our jobs" and welfare abuse by illegals

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

how were the people of Alabama negatively impacted exactly?

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

The video addresses the negative economic things more directly, the article shows how the bill backfired.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

You're not illiterate. I posted a video, even if you were. You're just stubborn. Get your way, see what happens. You'll find this issue isn't even close to the panacea you make it out to be.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't see the video. what is it arguing?

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I read the article. I dont' see a negative impact for the average Alabaman. who said anything about panacea? i'm simply suggesting we spend billions of dollars a year to support these people and it needs to stop.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is a 30 minute segment from HBO's Vice covering the unintended effects of the anti-immigration bill in Alabama. Spoiler: it hurt businesses.