How Trump Proposes to Pay for THE WALL

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Apr 5, 2016.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's the metric now. The average. I'll remember that.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

and i'm sure it's completely unbiased.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the good of the many outweigh the good of the few.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Anything that isn't exactly in step with your notions is biased. Hell, your document from the Heritage Foundation is what you hang your hat on, despite not even being able to explain how they turned a net gain into a loss.

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I have no doubt that stopping illegal immigration would be 1) bad for the economy as a whole and 2) good for state and federal budgets.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

pot to kettle. . . hang my hat on? I think the number is clearly too low. so they just made up the summary and you are the only man that noticed this?

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I also have no doubt that #2 would greatly outweigh #1. I do find it interesting IP is pro illegal immigration, but anti Walmart, yet the arguments in favor and against of both are virtually identical.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I can respect the consistency in this.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

The only one? What, you think the majority of people agree with the Heritage Foundation's assessments?

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

The only way they could be considered the same is if one mistook corporations for people. Also, I don't consider myself pro illegal immigration. That's a label you're applying to me. I've said before I'd like to see a guest worker system established in such a way that made working under the table for illegals not worth it.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think at this point things have been mismanaged to the point where I don't think we can reach solutions while being fair to everyone. Not just on Immigration, but several issues.

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

they're filling important roles created by dumbass artfical wage floors but eventually a number of them join take advantage of our poorly ran welfare system.

Ultimately this is just symptoms to much more serious issues

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it's one thing to disagree with their assessment, it's quite another to say their data says their conclusions are wrong. the later would be all over the internet if true. and is the heritage foundation actually anti illegal immigration?

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

There's a depressing thought.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

huh? the pro argument for Walmart is that it makes goods and services cheaper for the rest of americans. Is that not the pro illegal immigration or guest worker argument? there will never be a system established where paying zero in social security and payroll taxes is not worth it. you have to penalize the people paying under the table OR eliminate the workforce. one of the two.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I mean, there is just no way some of us aren't going to get screwed on social security.

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Eventually we'll get the right top men.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Many people just ignore them, because they have been known to outright lie.

20. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Thats a glaring issue.