How Trump Proposes to Pay for THE WALL

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Apr 5, 2016.

1. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

The real problem isn't even with the illegals. It's the uneducated white and black folk in this country. We are quick to point fingers at illegals, who only make up around 10-14% of all welfare recipients, depending on the report you look at, but the home bred people in this country are the real problems, and there's plenty of data to support that. Uneducated whites and blacks make up somewhere between 60-65% of all welfare recipients today. Yeah, illegal immigration is what's tearing this country down. I used to believe that mess too.

If we would reform our education system to start people down a vo-tech career path earlier in life, and let them do internship starting as a junior in HS, instead of pounding the college path with standardized tests to 18 year olds and younger, it would be the most beneficial education reform to this nation. If you talk to business owners in the trade industry, hiring college kids to be masons, welders, construction workers, and other trades, don't make a whole lot of sense to them. You need kids learning those trades at an early age. The whole everybody needs to go to college drum and the college should be a right/free drum needs to be burned and thrown away. So then what happens after those kids get in those paths, well the illegals doing the job who don't speak English will probably fall by at least 30-50%. The other side of that coin, we will have trained individuals entering the workforce at a much early age. One of the biggest pluses to that as well, is that most of the students who would have dropped out of college anyway, will now have a path to earn money and likely be better students in 5-8 years after developing their work ethics. It's all a win/win.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Other than potential legal battles from Western union over these new legal interpertations, that i don't see how us companies just south of border don't pay for it, and that it's essentially international blackmail, it can't fall.

Oh, and if it does actually happen I'm not certain long term it wouldn't be cheaper just to pay for the thing ourselves when you get into the bureaucratic nightmare of enforcing the thing.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It suggests that the "plan" to deal with illegal immigration is merely a half measure with limited effect and concocted by someone who really doesn't know what the hell to do much more than Joe Dipshit pontificating in a bar to "build a wall to keep those Mexicans out" when his idea doesn't even have the ability to address 50% of the problem.

4. Unimane

Yes, surely, putting greater strain on the Mexican economy will have the desired effect of limiting the flow of people northward, provided, of course, that we get enough Mexican politicians to commit political suicide by agreeing to pay for a multi-billion dollar enterprise that the people of Mexico absolutely despise as yet another example of American "imperialism" and insulting of people in Latin American.

I also am intrigued at the extra layer of bureaucracy that will entail monitoring wire transfers and the naiveté that people won't be able to procure IDs to satisfy the requirement, anyway. If Trump thinks that these policies will stop the remittances, then he is a bigger moron than I thought.

Of course, all this is supposed on the factor that this will all be legal. In the end, though, it won't have much impact, will be expensive and exceptionally poor cost-benefit to us while engendering more ill will among nations than it's worth. But, it does prove that the time honored tradition of blaming poor immigrants for our problems is, often, a winning proposition as Americans love to figure out whose fault it is other than our own.

I found this articles compelling.

http://www.politico.com/agenda/story/2016/04/trumps-wall-plan-could-actually-increase-crime-000085

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

So if it's not the greatest problem in America today that means it's not a problem that needs to be dealt with

6. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Congrats on the birth!

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Yep, there's other problems out there, so don't fix this one.

8. Unimane

I don't see anyone making that argument, just that there are other problems that are of greater need and influence and that Trump's plan is stupid, cost inefficient and a political non-starter, while making it his cornerstone issue.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

You said we are "blaming immigrants for our problems." So is it a problem or not?

And even the highest estimate I've seen is peanuts compared to some of the shit Obama put through. Hell the bullet train in California is 10 times more expensive. Literally. I'd rather have the wall

10. CardinalVol

Not saying it isn't a problem. Just don't think making Mexico pay for the wall is anything more than a political move.

11. Unimane

Saying that we scapegoat immigrants for many of our problems isn't saying there isn't a problem. Building a wall is merely an inefficient way to window dress problems we don't want to otherwise address. Going after the most vulnerable people is the low lying fruit.

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I'll give you it was a long post, so I'll summarize for you. Forget illegals and focus on more vo-tech schooling.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it's not the first option i'd use, but it's not as ridiculous as people are saying it is either.

14. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Well said.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

why no concern for the vulnerable americans that are having their wages driven down by these vulnerable illegals?

16. CardinalVol

By and large, I don't care about the blue collar Carlos, Jose, or Hector that comes across. Most are doing work people here won't do. At least that's 50,000 foot take on it. That said, we need to relax some work visa programs, track them, and so forth. I'm not sure the ol' "round em up and deport them" method is practical, or in many ways just/fair at this point.

I DO think there needs to be some type of wall/armed forces/whatever there, because I am concerned about what happens when cartels and/or al quesa/ISIS/whatever comes next is capable of getting across.

17. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

You have pockets inamerica that have astronomically high unemployment numbers because of the generational welfare mentality. When you sit as a teacher and do everything you know to push kids toward a brighter future but they live a reality where you can have a cell phone and home without working a minute in a day, transforming the culture through education is a daunting task. I work in a school where parents don't even think they should have to buy there kids school supplies and clothes because it's not their responsibility. We have one sweet smart little girl that comes to school about 60% of the time and is late on those days because her mom doesn't wake her up/didn't feel like bringing her when she was too late for the bus. These problems we all want addressed are so multi-faceted, but the political arena is so platform oriented that sometimes we overlook the ocean to [itch bay] about the stream.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you have a huge underground off the books economy because of this. the la times once estimated that 40% of all workers in LA county are being paid under the table. you then have the issue of them plopping out kids and immediately going on welfare. we've also seen wages for the low class americans drop over the prior 30 years. the only way outside of a wall to really make an impact is to give severe penalties for companies hiring illegals.

19. g8terh8ter_eric

Whose jobs do you think they are taking?

20. g8terh8ter_eric

So, does the under the table include other ethnic groups?