How Trump Proposes to Pay for THE WALL

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Apr 5, 2016.

1. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I can't comprehend how a college student would think it a good idea to have a parent email his professor. Like I don't even know how it would enter your mind as an option.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

You would just be amazed at how many parents of undergrads think they still hold any position of authority regarding their children. Allegedly, this is a very recent (~15 years) phenomenon of parents contacting professors for "conferences." Not just pathetic, also in violation of the law.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

My biology professor threw a phone from three stories into a parking lot. The student had it out and his text alert went off a couple of times while he was teaching. The professor didn't miss a beat while teaching when he walked over and picked it off of the table and tossed it out the window.

I had another professor that had a rule if your phone went off twice in his class it was an automatic F and dismissal from the course.

4. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I applaud them, twice.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I can't afford to break someone's phone. I'm not paid much and I don't have tenure.

6. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Thatd be my reaction.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I would be embarrassed for my child if I was calling his professors at freaking college. My plan is to have them self sufficient by then.

Especially if my oldest goes to the USNA like he wants to (this week, will change in a few months).

8. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

If Im the kid Im moving across the country and changing my name.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

one of my clients was telling me how their kid calls them multiple times a day from college. I think they thought it was sweet. I thought it was kind of pathetic.

10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I had a Chemistry professor stop his lecture, in the theater at the student center, I can't remember the name of the building, with I'd say about 200 of us, to yell at and kick the guy out of the lecture for yawning.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Now that is a little draconian. No, a freaking lot of draconian.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, that's ridiculous and far more disruptive than the yawning itself. Sounds like an ego problem.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I had a prof who was a noble prize winner kick a guy out for coughing too much. he also expected standing ovations after every lecture.

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

My college algebra class was a total free for all there was about 150 to 200 students in it and with about 15 to 20 minutes left every class someone would start putting their stuff in their backpacks and she couldn't teach the rest of the class because of it from the noise of every one doing it and making so much noise.

You could tell it drove her nuts and pissed her off but she didn't ever do anything to stop it and it went on all semester. What you allow you encourage

15. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Silence denotes consent.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I feel awkward contacting my son's Kindergarten teacher to ask how he's doing, much less this. Sheesh.

17. RockyHill

I will say I talk to my parents all the time. Don't know about multiple times a day though that's a little much.

18. RockyHill

What a f**k he must have been.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

[​IMG]

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he also quoted his book in the third person. I.e. "on page 51 Johnson said. . ." and he was Johnson.