How Trump Proposes to Pay for THE WALL

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Apr 5, 2016.

1. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

She just knows she can get away with it.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Between this, tying Sanders to Sandy Hook, and her name surfacing in the Panama Papers, I don't know that she will.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

has any candidate taken more money from hedge funds than her the prior 8 years? that aside, they really do need to get rid of the carried interest exclusion. it's pure bullshit.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it was pure coincidence that all the winning trades went in her account and the losing ones in the corporate account.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

You don't get the cherry pick your trades and pawn all the bad stuff off on your employer/business? I guess you are not doing it right.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

when I first entered the business if I was doing bulk trades they let me allocate the shares at a later date. the theory being that the clients benefited from bulk trading. it's amazing the SEC allowed that to go on for so long. plenty of guys I worked with allocated ipo's depending on what client was producing the most business. one of the guys ended up getting barred from the business eventually.

7. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Speaking to a crowd that doesn't care.

8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It wasn't just phones. Plenty of people forgot how to add double digit numbers together when they discovered a calculator.

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Would be interesting to find out if your administration would back you on it

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Some parent would complain that her baby needs to be able to reach her in an emergency and they'd make you quit using it.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

They probably wouldn't, for fear of liability in case an emergency call was jammed or something. I wouldn't ask. I would feign ignorance as to why a rolling blackout followed in my wake.

14. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

This is true. I've worked to create a bit of an auto-response when I reach for my calculator. When I look to it or my hand makes contact it reminds me to attempt the calculation in my head. There are situations where I need to use the calculator for speed, but it's a good exercise for me.

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Bingo. It's amazing the number of students and even parents who don't seem to be aware that we have phones in the office they can call where they can then contact us in the room. The disconnect is unbelievable. A word to the parents; if it's 10:45, don't call your kid. He's busy.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Who the hell would call their kid on their cell phone at 10:45 am during a school day?

17. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

The same parent that claims their kid isn't one of those abusing cell phone rules.

18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The same parent who clamors that Un / Jay / NYY suck at teaching.

And it's the same parents who don't want to feel the burden of interacting with their child, so much so that they now don't understand how any other adult wouldn't welcome the same.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I got a note from a parent once explaining why their child wouldn't be attending class all week and should be excused from any assignments. Their child was 20 years old. I sent them back a boilerplate "federal law prohibits me from discussing a student's grades or performance with anyone other than that student" sort of reply, which got me a snarky return message about reporting me to the school. For what, not coddling your 20 year old offspring and not violating federal law?

20. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

My stepmom meant well.