First Democratic Debate

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Oct 13, 2015.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

One for you, one for me. Two for you, one, two for me....

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

There are two groups of people on the Left today:

Those who are think the term "democratic whores" is calling Clinton a woman of the evening who sells sex, and those who think the term "democratic whores" fits perfectly with how the elected Dems have behaved once in office.

This schism may grow. Apparently I'm not a "real democrat," and am a misogynist because I think Congress is full of whores. Okay.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

The Hillary Hate is strong in my family. My father has it. My sister has it. You have that power too.

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I'm genuinely shocked that she finds any support. As bad as Trump might be, he's a much better human than she is.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It's all love of Bill. Without him could she even with a congressional seat? Maybe in San Francisco or something.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

No. She'd have nothing without him.

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Fox News talking heads are saying; though I disagree almost everything he stands for, Bernie is the most likable of any candidate on either side.

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

And would never admit it.

That said, she'd be super rich from the cattle futures.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Weird, cuz he didn't do so hot last night (other than just not being Hillary, who showed again how two-faced she is). He's got to do a better job explaining his stance and record on guns. His stance is defensible and logical, but he keeps letting Clinton drive the bus on the issue. He also comes across as a bit ignorant on energy issues. I'm increasingly skeptical that his plans for paying for his policies have been entirely baked. I do think they can be paid for, but it is going to take some serious balancing and careful implementation. I do greatly appreciate his honesty regarding taxes going up pretty much across the board for universal medicare, and I do believe that the increased tax cost will be offset by increased savings. His talk about bringing back highpaying manufacturing jobs is fairly numb.

He has a vision and he's looking to dismantle the existing power structure. I just hope he can listen to advice and move intelligently. Of course, I don't want him to be Obama and do a bunch of half-measures either.

10. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Most don't look for the how, only that you are saying you are gonna change or continue something they want to see. Your bold is a prime example.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Yes it will save us money. Worked out well for Obamacare

12. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

The more evident example.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

And Bernie has admitted he's going to raise taxes on the non rich?

14. NorrisAlan

Obamacare is not a universal coverage, either. It is a completely hack job piece of shit legislature that was a bloated 1200 pages long, no one understood and was trying to make everyone happy, while pissing every single person in the US off.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

so if we make it 100 times bigger it's going to be more efficient?

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

0 chance he will be the nominee.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Exactly.

18. NorrisAlan

I don't know. All I know is that the way it was going was untenable. I know the conservative and libertarian approach is let it go and see what happens, but I just don't agree with this when it comes to healthcare. It is immoral.

IMHO, of course.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I see no evidence that obamacare has improved the health of this country

20. NorrisAlan

You will get no disagreement here. It is a complete hack.

By untenable, the system before Obamacare (everyone that can afford it gets insurance, everyone else, well, **** you) was fiscally driving the average person away from healthcare.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016