I Hope The DE Bathroom Murder Video Doesn't Get Released

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kidbourbon, Apr 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

2. kidbourbon

3. kidbourbon

Whoever shot the video doesn't belong in jail, but does belong in a personal hell that comes with knowing you're a complete piece of shit and knowing that everyone else knows that you're a complete piece of shit.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Life is more fragile than many realize.

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

When I heard about the video I also hoped that it would not be released; so sad.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I posted to my friends on Facebook the day this happened and told them, in my experience, I felt pretty confident about five things regarding the situation:

1. It was over a boy.
    2. It was prearranged for other girls to mob the girl, if things were not going well for the instigator.
    3. It would be recorded and put on social media.
    4. No one would help. In fact, she would probably by lying there for a while until someone had the human decency to see if she's ok, probably a teacher or admin.
    5. People would be laughing, cheering, instigating.

I loathe the people in #5 with a passion with #2 right up there, as well. Kids fighting isn't much of a bother, to me. Kids get into scraps and then are done with it. However, there seemingly is a greater instance of cheap shots, people getting jumped and the proliferation of assholes celebrating it like some carnival.

And, as it's turning out, I don't seem to be wrong about any of those five points.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

At the rural school I went to, fights were one on one as a matter of honor. When folks tried to jump in, others held them back. But then it became a matter of discipline for even standing and witnessing a fight, which meant the sort of people who were in a state of mind to keep things de-escalated were no longer hanging around. They either just minded their business and left or were trying to alert an authority figure. Just a thought.

8. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Yeah. Terrible situation and that doesn't help things at all being public.

Its sad as Uni posted this down to a T.

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Same in my school. Duke it out and be done with it, if it happened, at all. Most of the time, someone mediated the beef, instead of instigating, and the situation was resolved.

10. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Yep.

And there was no honor in letting it get that far. Most of the ones I witnessed got broken up after the point was made. And it wasn't to put someone near or at death.

I remember 1 where a guy was warned not to intervene he got his azz whipped for not taking the advice.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yep, circle was formed, a few punches were thrown and once somebody hit the ground it was pulled apart.

12. kidbourbon

It really is. This situation really really sucks. I obviously don't know her in any way, but just from going off the pictures I've seen of her, she doesn't strike me as the type who wanted or had any business in a fight in the first place, much less that there would have been any need for five additional girls to join in in kicking her ass. There isn't a consensus yet, but the absolute worst thing that I'm picturing is that the one girl hooked up with the other girl's boyfriend or a dude she was known to like.

And now she's dead. What the hell?

13. kidbourbon

I do recall a few instances where a group of two or three kicked another guy's ass. What was more prevalent was in Junior High when the "rednecks" were still legally required to be in school and, as a result, had numbers comparable to the black kids. Small group v. small group fights happened or came close to happening all the time.

Things were better in HS when the "rednecks" had virtually all dropped out, and the really hood black kids had done so as well.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yep, same at my school, and there were about 5 times as many MS fights as HS fights.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I got in a Middle school fight and people held me back but didn't hold the other guy back. I had a rainbow colored face for about a week.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

other kid was a little bigger than me too.

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

This was the way it was at my school. I remember one instance where 3 or 4 guys tried to jump a guy on the football team. They got in a few good punches and bloodied him up, but the football player whipped their asses and then got pissed that they stopped trying to fight him.

18. kidbourbon

I got in a fight with a kid in 8th grade who was three times my weight without breaking a sweat. A fat sloth, though. Kid literally threw a stack of textbooks at the back of my head in the middle of English class and then started charging towards me. I popped him with a "Little Mac" style left to the gut and he turned in the other direction and ran out of the room crying. I didn't even throw the punch that hard. I must have hit him in the solar plexus or something.

Either way, I feel bad about how I treated that kid in middle school. He was fat and his last name was Umberger, and so I'd go up to him and say "hmmmmmm burgers."

I was real [penis] in 8th grade. It was all just me going on the offensive to avoid to getting on the other end of it because I was freaking small as crap in 8th grade, but the result was that I said some really mean stuff to some kids.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya. And probably even that is too far, but it is a margin everyone can walk away from the vast majority of the time.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, holding someone back is an art that some do not fully appreciate until they're trying to do it. Got to know when you're making it worse.