The Great Bathroom Debate

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by g8terh8ter_eric, Apr 13, 2016.

1. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I'm not picking a side here, but clearly it's more of an issue for women in the bathroom, at least hypothetically. This person could not have possibly posed a physical threat to me.

2. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I did. That is why she is a bigot.

Look, agree or disagree, but you are making a decision. Pat wants to go in the ladies. Law says Pat must use men's bc of chromosome/plumbing/birth cert ( which I personally don't think is a good stadard, but whatever.) Pat is uncomfortable.

You think it is much better if Pat and also anybody else can pick whichever bathroom. This makes many, many people uncomfortable. You think people suck and should shut up bc you don't think they should be uncomfortable.

Is that fair?

3. cotton

Irrelevant red herring might or might not be red herring. I didn't actually read link in other thread.

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I think that Pat has been going into the ladies room for years and nobody, including your mother and wife, has noticed or cared.

Until LBGTs started getting legal protection from discrimination then, Oh shit, we have to keep those ******s in their place..." insert bible verse here.

Last edited: May 5, 2016
  5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

What crime is being committed by a person pissing out of a penis or shitting out an asshole?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think I actually have to explain what a man playing bathroom monitor with a person he originally perceived as a man has to do with this. It IS THIS. He thinks he is being a hero, keeping out that creepy man who was actually a woman with short hair and pants. His response? It's her fault because she dresses like a man.

This is what you wanted, right? Gotta police the bathrooms. Worth it to keep the shared bathrooms gender-pure at all costs.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

No, you're avoiding the question because you don't like the answer. The restroom is not actually a group activity for the vast majority of us. I bet that includes you and your's.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

It actually isn't, that is something that was made up considering it hadn't ever been an issue for trans people to be using whatever restroom before.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Law in some cities originally protected Pat and allowed them to select the restroom that best applies with dignity. The state government decided to meddle and override local authority to address an issue they invented. A law doesn't automatically make something just or correct, as I'm sure we all can agree.

10. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;LO5OWmuXo-Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO5OWmuXo-Q[/video]

Their second best song, imho, and quite apropos.

11. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;nf0oXY4nDxE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf0oXY4nDxE[/video]

12. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

That's why I threw the "hypothetically" on there.

13. cotton

Then it also isn't for the trans and shouldn't matter that the have to go to the other one. Dipshit.

14. cotton

Yeah, then there is no need for the Fed guidelines, state laws, grandstanding Corp policies, or left wing movement for bathroom choice to which this law was in direct response. We've covered this.

Do you habitually misrepresented things out of stupidity oor dishonesty?

15. cotton

Depends on where they do it

16. cotton

There isn't any way a sane person could possibly construe my position as this. You really are a ****ing moron.

17. cotton

Only Pat's dignity matters, right? I mean, mothers doesn't bc bigot. Also, stalls, but just for the old ladies. This belongs in indys double standards thread that begins with something that is not a double standard.

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

If folks are actively trying to out and shame based solely on their LGBT status, then there is. And that is what "I need everyone in this bathroom to be XX chromosomed" is doing.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Which position made it a law banning someone from a bathroom again? Pretty sure it was yours.