Orlando Shooting

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by fl0at_, Jun 12, 2016.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

not familiar with it. what happened?

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'd agree in principal. I still don't think it's going to happen. especially with a husband and wife.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

This was active scouting. She's an accomplice.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I agree with you, but I still bet she doesn't get prosecuted.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I think we know, but aren't willing to do it and we probably shouldn't be until we have threat to our sovereignty.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I think we know too. Just ask Japan.

7. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Well put. I agree.

8. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I think it's more complicated than that. The internet and social media have allowed Islamic extremist groups to radicalize home grown men and women right here in the US. Men and women who have never stepped foot in southwest Asia.

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Oh, I don't think it's as simple as just dropping a bomb and we're done with it. But any type of solution certainly had that as the main theme.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

11. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Utter destruction should definitely be part of the plan, I agree.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

13. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Read this a little bit ago. In line with our discussion:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/taliban-honey-trap-boys-kill-afghan-police-034032649.html?ref=gs

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

15. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Eh

16. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

If liking this song is weird, I don't wanna be unweird.

[video=youtube;DK_0jXPuIr0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK_0jXPuIr0[/video]

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I mean that in the sense that a lot of them say, "Well if I were this cop/soldier/whomever facing this split second decision in this life threatening situation, I'd act in the most rational and noble way possible." In reality the most danger they've faced was getting a cheese stick caught in their throats and they knocked over the dinner table freaking out about it.

18. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

There's truth to what you're saying. Training for these types of situations is key so that your thinking/processing is minimized and your training takes over.

19. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

Just saw the replay of an interview on the view with a man who has supposedly been interviewed by the FBI 3 times since the attack. He says the guy had been in a relationship with a Puerto Rican man who gave him HIV. This guy seemed to imply that he knew that the attack was not a Muslim attack on a gay bar but a frustrated angry man taking out a group of Puerto Rican gays as an act of revenge, not terror.

20. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Well that should be easy to investigate. Assuming they took blood samples.