Orlando Shooting

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by fl0at_, Jun 12, 2016.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'd wager the odds are pretty high she's dumb as hell.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

In the US and willing to roll Sharia style. No doubt.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Don't go into someone's house and put your feet on their coffee table. Animals are just doing what they do.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

ha ha

fair enough

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well put.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

they are now saying the kid was 10 feet from the shore.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

The CNN story I saw said he was wading in the water. That's a pretty big gap between those two versions.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

lifeguard said he was 10 feet in, but it doesn't get deep fast: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...T-shore-reptile-struck-lifeguard-reveals.html

so the father "rushes in" during the attack. meaning they let a 2 year old go 10 feet into a lake unsupervised. gators or not that's pretty dumb.

9. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

I swam in one of those Disney lakes a couple times. It doesn't get keep quick. It's a very slow drop.

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

If I'm in swamp land areas and there's a sign that says "no swimming" guess who isn't getting their kid, dog, themselves, or whatever anywhere near the [dadgum] water?

Let's just say, through the course of being a dumb as shit young 20 something, I've seen what a gator is capable of first hand. I learned they like chicken long before Swamp People.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I suppose maybe you think it's for liability purposes and don't make the gator connection, but there is no chance in hell i'm letting my 2 year old kid go in by himself 10 feet into any body of water at 9:30 at night. what if he slips and falls and goes under and I can't see him?

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I'm not getting within 10ft of the water. Those mother****ers are fast.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

They keep the gators out of some, but not others. This was one of the ones near the golf courses that they don't remove the gators because there are just so many trying to get in. The lake you swam in is that deeper, colder lake where gators aren't keen to get in.

By the way, I was just googling to find the name of that lake they have their swim areas on, like Discovery Cove, Treasure Isand, or something... Anyway, I came across a 2009 forum conversation where someone was asking why they couldn't just swim in those Disney lagoons and ponds, and another asking how gators get into them if they're man-made and weren't there naturally... Dumb people.

14. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Was riding bikes one time in Kiawah SC and came around a corner and there was a really big gator behind a bush that I didn't see until I was practically on top of it, thing lunged at me and I wrecked the bike when it did. I landed about 10 feet from it then ran off. Was gd terrifying.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Let's be real here. What adult doesn't associate Florida waterways with gators? That's some stupid shit there, not to be thinking about gators in the outdoors of Florida? Like not thinking about bears in Yellowstone, or not thinking about rattle snakes in the West.

16. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

There are no shortage of dumb people. Most are clueless of course due to the nature of Disney that they are tourists and aren't from the area and have no clue of the dangers. Where I swam was in fact a swimming area at Fort Wilderness lodge and we same out a almost half a mile and then back. That lake for sure was monitored and swept for the event. But there are so many little ponds built to retain water and the gators could be anywhere.

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

They are everywhere in Kiawah. I was at a wedding, don't remember which course, and there was probably 7-8 of them chilling along the water on one hole alone.

**** that shit. I taking a par and moving on.

18. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

That's pretty good.

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

[​IMG]

this is what happened to the last gator that crossed me.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2016
  20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Which one ****ed it first