Orlando Shooting

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by fl0at_, Jun 12, 2016.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

delete

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  2. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

That's a boy gator

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

You painted it like one of your French girls?

4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Run in a zig zag and you'll out pace them. But you have to have fast twitch if you're that close.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you're in the water, quickly bash your face against the nearest solid surface until you lose consciousness. Cuz you're gonna suffer a slower death if you don't.

6. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Reports now that the shooter was posting on FB during the shooting. And instead of 5 phone calls he made 16.

7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I'm guessing this was during the 2 or so hours he was holed up in the back with the 5 or so hostages?

8. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

If he were alive, you'd probably be right.
    But since he's gone, they have to weigh the benefit of her cooperation, that they probably don't need, against that of satisfying the public demand to hammer someone.

She could have info on other cells but I doubt it. He was just a wannabe and she's claiming the high moral ground. Unless she's lying . . .

9. Beechervol

Supposedly he made FB posts before and during. It was a little more vague on the phone calls with 11 of them not disxlosed on time or who was called.

They did mention he called a local tv station during the 3 hours.

I havent seen any other reports containing this, so a grain of salt May be required.

10. Beechervol

I must have missed the moral high ground part.

11. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

She tried her darndest to talk him out of it.

She'll get hammered.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

If she were a male who helped case places and knew this was going to happen, we wouldn't even be talking about them completely getting off.

13. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

Agreed. I haven't seen her. Is she hot?

14. Beechervol

I see. Im not sure it was a recommendation in passing or she tried to block the front door with her body and hid his keys.

I think she should be hammered to the fullest extent the law allows regardless of her level of cooperation.

But Dros had a good point that I think plays out.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

There is still an intense investigation even with him dead

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Yeah, but if they don't believe she's leading to more bad guys, she isn't getting immunity. In fact, she shouldn't either way. We're unwilling to go get the bad guys

17. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

This country has no idea how to win this fight. I will include myself in that as well. Every plausible scenario is wrought with privacy concerns, big brother accusations, etc. I don't know how you effectively spy on your citizens, take the blunt instrument approach on your own soil, and maintain a trust among your population. Tough position in my opinion.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Sounds like wishful thinking to me. How many times have we seen people put in jail for not reporting someone? Ever?

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

The Charleston shooters friend.

20. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

There has to be a graduated scale here right? Someone not reporting that a woman was hiring a hitman to off her husband and a wife not reporting that her husband was planning a terrorist incident that ended up being the largest single shooter event in history (or whatever they classified it as) has to be looked at differently I would assume.