Episode 8

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Apr 14, 2017.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Never heard of it.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Who is Luke?

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I don't get that from the trailer at all.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think he means it's time for the light/dark force battle to end. Jedi aren't for balance, necessarily. And balance is what is needed.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I hope he's snoke orchestrating the whole thing.

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Jedi were a bunch of warrior monks, who weren't allowed any emotion, even good ones, that didn't stray from the light side.

Luke also isn't one, he's just a force sensitive trained by a Jedi master.

But even if he is "one," it's time to look past the idea that force sensitive folk focusing on the light must be warrior monks and give up attachments.

There will still be force sensitives that stay on the light path.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

There'll be no plot twists. Did you see episode 7? I did and doubt I will see 8 as a consequence.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I hope you're wrong, but there is no reason to believe you are. It's disneyfied.

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Interestingly, if you go on IMDB and look through the reviews of the top 250, The Force Awakens is the only one I looked at where all of the top reviews are trashing it. It's a polarizing movie.

11. fl0at_

7 was the same old movie all over again with new characters.

8 will be a new movie.

TangoUniform likes this.
  12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Probably will have something to do with an empire doing some measure of striking back.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

No, it will be entirely different. The First Order Retaliates.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm continuously amazed at the creative genius.

15. fl0at_

Seems like the first order got their retaliation in first.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Alderaan cried out with millions of voices in protest of your assertion, but were suddenly silenced. I fear a terrible argument has been made.

17. fl0at_

The Empire stuck back against the Jedi, believed to be destroyed.

First order stuck against the Jedi first, when Snork pulled Kylo to the dark side.

Stick to Star Trek.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

The Empire struck back by whipping Skywalker, capturing Solo, and chasing the rebels clear out of the galaxy. There were no Jedi except Yoda, Luke hadn't even completed his training. The empire didn't do anything to him. The empire struck back against the Rebellion.

The degree to which Kylo was "pulled" remains to be seen. And again, comparing that kind of logic to the originals and prequels, Episode 2 shouldn't have been called "Attack of the Clones," Episode 3 should've.

You mean Snoke, star wars lore master.

19. fl0at_

They had been fighting the rebellion for freaking ever. They weren't striking back against them. They were a second away from DESTROYING the rebellion in the first movie. They were striking back against the Jedi still attempting to oppose them.

That's why they tried to lure Luke into a trap. Amazing they stopped really focusing on the rebellion the second a Jedi trained force sensitive showed up, isn't it?

The Jedi controlled the clones in attack of the clones, and used them against Sith targets, or so they thought. The sith were ultimately shown to be in control of them, and took their revenge against the Jedi. The names fit fine.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This didn't do a whole lot for me.