Episode 8

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Apr 14, 2017.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Fetts. Stupid autocorrect.

Theory.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Except the strongest of them joined an order that precluded relationships or reproduction.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've never heard this theory before either.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Me either. Seems odd to me.

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Not true. The strongest they found, that they let in.

What happened to those who had high modachlroian counts, but were too old to start training when they were discovered, like Anakin almost was?

6. fl0at_

There is an entire series of Star Wars books written about this very thing.

7. CardinalVol

It's logical.

Some aren't going to be found with mc counts and some will have higher 2nd counts than average person but not quite Jedi/sith level. Maz admits as much in 7.

8. NorrisAlan

Midichlorians (or however it is spelled). I refuse to acknowledge their existence.

9. fl0at_

Why, is it more odd than Magneto having control over the iron in your blood? Or the fact that O2 was a poisonous gas in their universe.

Want to have a gripe? Stopping a powerful energy beam dead cold after 3 feet.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh, so "expanded universe." In that case, Episode 7 never happened.

11. fl0at_

Yes and no. Episode 7 rendered a lot of expanded universe stuff false.

But not everything.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

So is every protagonist with a meaningful accomplishment or feat in the movie a force-sensitive? And all the characters bested by protagonists less force-sensitive? How far does this go? Was the planet of alderaan devoid of force sensitives?

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Han was supposed to have defied impossible odds many, many times. Also, like Luke, he could do somethings with his ship better with his own instincts rather than relying on the computer guidance. Kind of like how Anakin could pilot his speeder so well. I could see where that theory might gain some traction.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Was wedge Antilles a force sensitive? Ackbar? Sebulba?

15. NorrisAlan

Obviously not a single Y-Wing pilot was.

I will say, though, that the idea that Force sensitivity is on a scale of 0-10, 0 being a complete dunderhead who couldn't hear the Force no matter what to a 10, a Yoda or Anakin Skywalker, makes sense in that Universe. The Force is omnipresent, and is that Universe's Luck, God, Skill, etc. I don't agree with the idea that anyone that is good at anything or is Lucky is Force sensitive, though. Seems a cop out.

16. CardinalVol

I'm not saying they are. I'm just sayign that some possibly were. I think it's logical to say Han might have been.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Sebulba was a different species that was supposed to have better reflexes than humans.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ah, so skill only exists in non-human pilots.

So, lando Calrissian- force sensitive? Blew up a death star, lucked his way into governing cloud city, etc. Force?

19. NorrisAlan

I just think labeling Han Solo as a Force sensitive lessens him. Fortunately we can all look at it from how they want to look at it.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think it's far from a proven claim, sassy pants.

Sebulba just has more of that skill than humans, thus if a human was able to go toe-to-toe with him, he'd probably be a pretty special human.