DC's Spam and Trolling Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by dc4utvols, Jun 12, 2017.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

My wife's grandfather passed away about this time last year from the same kind of cancer. Found out he had it in April and passed in July. I would say this is not going to be good for him.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

This is the kind of thing I talk about when we throw effort after foolishness. Don't "fight this with your last breath". This is not beatable (as far as I know). You roll with it, go home, be with your loved ones at the end and go on to your next life.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I get where you're coming from but my wife's grandfather had brain, lung, and bone cancer this year.

They gave him one month without treatment and three to four with treatment. 10 months later he's in remission

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That's what my wife's grandfather did. They had some things they were willing to try to possibly prolong his life but they could have had side effects. He just enjoyed what time he had left and he passed away peacefully. Prayers for the McCain family.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I hope you never require more care than you can afford. Twist that.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That's amazing and probably not the norm but amazing for him. It's definitely a tough decision on how you go about fighting or not fighting a diagnoses like that. Some just want to live their lives out without doctors and medicine controlling them especially if in the end it does nothing.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

He's just really stubborn and a bit of a hardass.

He did treatments because he wanted to try and see the birth of our third child. Which worked out since she was born his birthday.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't think it's right for us to say how someone else should die. If you want to go down fighting, more power to you.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Of course. I would never tell McCain or anyone to just lay down and die. Or to fight. But we as a people, in general, are very OK with saying "FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!", but rarely do we celebrate the people that accept their fate and go home and have a great death vs a painful, sickening and very expensive one.

That is all I am saying.

10. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

If that ever becomes the case, then I'll just die without begging the ****ing government to save me. I have made every provision for the event before government decided healthcare was their grand and glorious duty so you can blow your sanctimony straight out of your ass. You know as well as I do the government could give two shits about your health, they just want more control over you and once they have control over your healthcare, you're ****ed. They own you.

11. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Why then did the republicans try to repeal AND replace rather than just repeal? Apparently the other party wants to be in the business too in some fashion.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That is badass

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I got what you were saying.

14. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

100% agreement.

15. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Exactly. They're BOTH two wings on the same bird of prey. Nothing in the Constitution gives government any authority to force people to have healthcare yet both sides are feverishly working to condition people into believing that healthcRe is some sort of RIGHT rather than a personal responsibility...

16. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I haven't always agreed with John McCain, but I've never doubted his decency, patriotism and status as an American war hero. God bless, Sen McCain. Take the fight to cancer with the same honor and dignity you always bring.

I miss men like this:

[youtube]jrnRU3ocIH4[/youtube]

17. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Agreed. People are unique and have different ways of approaching these situations. I don't see this as a right/wrong or better/worse deal, rather one where either decision deserves respect. I see courage in both examples.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

We live in a free democracy. We The People are the government. You and yours have made every provision? Ok. Guess there are no problems then.

19. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Agreed. Admirable moment from an honorable man.

20. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

We live in a democratic constitutional republic. The government is supposed to live within its enumerated powers. It is also supposed to have many checks and balances. This has not been the case since 1913 and was solidified under FDR. Wolves (gubmint) voting to eat the sheep ( the rest of us) is not what the founders/framers intended.