Charlottesville

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NorrisAlan, Aug 13, 2017.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Yes. (start around the 1 minute mark)

[video=youtube;fTWw5ppmcEI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTWw5ppmcEI[/video]

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Not a bad idea

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Good. I imagine a hefty fine will be in order.

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Neo-Nazis/ KKK alt-right

Communist alt-left

5. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

You're putting in quotations that I didn't say, you can knock that off. You are categorizing these people as counter protesters, maybe you are speaking solely on this event, you'd be mostly right, I however am not speaking solely on this event. Which would make you mostly wrong. BLM wasn't counter protesting Nazi's in Dallas. They aren't counter protesting the KKK when they shut down conservative speeches at college campuses. They're enforcing their beliefs in to actions.

Historically it's a no contest, right now they're both equal pieces of trash. And right now is all that really matters to me.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Stephen A Smith with a great rant explaining that Trump's many cabinet changes caused all this.

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Seeking felony charges.

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

If these people engaging in vandalism and more aggressive types of protesting are the same as white supremacists, I would be interested in what the opinion on the Sons of Liberty might be.

9. NorrisAlan

This was in Durham, the rally was in Charlottesville. I believe Uni was talking about in Charlottesville.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Nazi's and KKK people suck. I don't share their views, and I'd prefer if no one on earth did.

That said, if they are US citizens, I think they have the right to protest and say whatever they want. Right? Isn't that free speech?

From videos I've seen, the violence at this event definitely appeared to be coming from both sides. If both sides are violent, I don't know that I see a reason for why one side should be held responsible for that violence over the other, regardless of the beliefs of the people on either side. Am I off base here?

Then a guy ran a chick over in a car and killed her. That guy is in jail. Obviously this part is wrong, and that guy will pay for it.

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I get it. White supremacist are bad and should weight like an anchor around the necks of the right.

Communist - excitable kids, committing vandalism.

12. GahLee

What data shows they are shrinking?

13. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

You are lumping all factions of communism, which I think is a bit much.

Communism has its own fringes. Placing the middle all the way to the left is going too far, I think.

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

No, they're not equal. Shouting down racist speakers is not the same as driving your car into a group of protesters or advocating the type of things the people of those far right movements do. It's not even remotely the same. Vandalism and murder are both crimes, but they aren't the same damn thing. One side is attempting to remedy the mistreatment they perceive minority groups receive and the other side is ****ing white supremacists. The fact that we are having to make these type of distinctions is absurd.

16. GahLee

If you're going to reduce the scope of their acts to mere vandalism and counter protest in the face of true evil then we are just gonna have to agree to disagree.

17. GahLee

So you are 100% talking about Charlottesville. Got it. In this instance you are mostly right in what you say. If you want to stop reducing it to this singular event and take on the subject in its entirety we can do that. As for this one event, you're pretty much right.

18. fl0at_

Both have equal right to say whatever it is they say. Both have equal rights to counter what the other side is saying, and do whatever is in their legal power to stop or limit the other side from being able to say it.

Where the issue is is that both sides are being compared as the same due to both exercising those rights, rather than the message.

I don't think anyone here would agree with the message of the KKK, so that's the one distinction between them. Whether you agree with BLM or not, nobody here agrees with the KKK right?

So stop calling them equal.

19. NorrisAlan

So they are in the Anti-fa group? Then yeah, these guys are just rabblerousers looking for a fight and need to be condemned.

I don't think Communism has killing people as part of its manifesto, but I haven't read Marx in a while :)

DISCLAIMER: I am not promoting Communism and in no way agree with its tenets. It has been shown to be a complete and utter failure in every attempt to implement it.

20. fl0at_

Does anyone here agree with any part of any message by the KKK or neo-Nazis? Any part, at all?

Who will agree with any part of the BLM? Any part? Not all, just any part?

I agree with many parts of BLM, but not all.

Who will say the same of the KKK?

If you can't, then you have your difference. And they are not equal.