Charlottesville

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NorrisAlan, Aug 13, 2017.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

They would only be equal if one were arguing from a purely legal perspective, which is sort of the problem for the leader of the executive branch. He needs to be careful to not empower one side with his words even if one side is more deplorable than the other. Not saying he's done a good job of that, but I think it's a situation that demands a little tact, which has been pretty well demonstrated to not be DJT's forte.

2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

You spelled out who they were in your second thought of that post. Its no conspiracy as you yourself said it's been going since the beginning. I never mentioned a race war, that Sun Devil but you already knew that.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  3. GahLee

I disagree with both vehemently, so I'm calling them equal.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Add to it that Trump says he wanted to sit back and analyze the situation and not make a brash comment, which is basically 100% the opposite of what he has done on every single matter since he began his campaign, and you can understand why so many people have said "wait a minute......"

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I have no doubt in my mind that you disagree with the statement "black lives matter."

No doubt whatsoever.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The message of the communists is far different than the message of the white supremacists, as well. Most of the current communists aren't exactly advocating the ideas of the Khmer Rouge, whereas the white supremacists still, pretty much, advocate the same things as they did in the past and only lack the vehicle and ability to implement these actions of past groups. If we take away all historical contexts and merely apply current policies and ideologies, then the white supremacists are distinctly worse.

I still can't believe we're having this type of discussion. It should be obvious, yet, the tenor of debate that a ****ing moron in the White House (A real one, not some guy whom people disagree with politically.) has facilitated the type of environment.

7. fl0at_

It's only a conspiracy when you say "they're doing it to lump right in with alt-right."

Stating that historically, government and media advocate violence and criminal behavior does not equate to your believe that "they" are doing these things for some greater purpose. That would be conspiracy.

8. fl0at_

Agreed. He's not a politician.

9. GahLee

You identify more with BLM than the KKK, fine. Your personal political stance and the KKK's history of ignorance doesn't absolve BLM or antifa from the crimes they are commiting.

10. Unimane

Who said this? There's certainly plenty of distance between right wing/conservative ideology and white supremacists. However, if you want to affix that anchor to your neck by trying to maintain the false equivalency of white supremacists and those protesting them and the antifa movement, then that is your burden to bear. Condemning alt-right Nazis and KKKs member without qualification is, pretty much, a slam dunk proposition, yet it seems to be a difficult proposition to establish now. I'm not sure why. In the type of language of the primary guy who has failed to understand this "Nobody is worse than the Nazis and KKK. Nobody. They are sad, disgusting people, very sad."

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2017
  11. GahLee

Typical liberal can't accept an opinion and pulls the racist card.

12. GahLee

Why would they advocate that if not for some greater purpose? C'mon.

13. Unimane

Why would it absolve anyone from crimes they may have committed? And why wouldn't anyone identify "more" with BLM than the KKK? See, this is the thing, the type of phony equivalency being suggested here. They aren't the same, BLM and the KKK. One is a group who is protesting, sometimes by certain members in a disreputable manner, the type of abuse they feel is being delivered by the police towards black people and the other is the KKK. There's a very pronounced difference.

14. GahLee

You've said it, multiple times, just not in those words, he did the same thing to you that you tried to do to me. The KKK is bad. We all know this. Literally everyone here is on the same page in that regard.

Now stop minimilizing the left's behavior to that of victims only and we can be pretty close to being completely on the same page.

15. fl0at_

Agreed. But that doesn't make them equal. There are criminals amongst all walks of life, even what you do. Even in your hobbies.

That doesn't make everything you do bad.

But I can't think of a single good thing the KKK/neo-Nazi's provide.

And that is the difference.

16. fl0at_

Typical idiot cannot see a simple distinction, even when slapped in the face with it, and pulls the liberal card.

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

You have have used the descriptors - excitable kids and vandals

18. GahLee

Yes, you've said this many times. Nobody is saying that they are historically the same. Nobody. You continue to use this one event to isolate both groups. One is the ****ing KKK and the other are just people who oppose them. That's an easy seat to take. And you'll get hardly any disagreement from anyone here on this one event.

But this isn't just one a event. So let's stop pretending that these left wing nuts are just fighting Nazi's. Because that just isn't the truth.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Somebody has to make those hoods and robes. Tailors are this country's backbone.

20. fl0at_

But they are only part time tailors. Their real job is at Hobby Lobby, where they get a discount on the thread and material.