8thMaxim's 8thMail

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Pics@8thMaxim, Jun 26, 2012.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Cobia- Cape Hatteras, NC (Near Ocracoke Inlet, Ramp 55)

[​IMG]

kmf600 likes this.
  2. JayVols

A whole passel of walleye/saugeye- I'm not telling anyone where I caught these. My standard answer when asked is "In the mouth".[​IMG]

zehr27 likes this.
  3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Flounder makes for good eats

4. JayVols

It does. It's very good. Nothing like going from catch to eating in 2-3 hours either.

Walleye/saugeye/sauger makes for even better. If you ever make it up this way, let me know ahead of time. I'll fry us up a mess.

I'm about to talk myself into fixing this. Happens every time I talk about it:
    [​IMG]

lylsmorr likes this.
  5. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

Great pics Jay.

6. JayVols

Thanks.

I'm going to do my best to retire in a little over 6 years & live in St. Thomas somewhere like 6-8 months of the year. The place just did something to my soul. It was everything I imagined paradise to be or something.

7. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

That's a tasty animal right there

8. JayVols

Yep.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

nice pics jay. I love seeing other peoples travels and pics. If any of yall ever find yourself wanting to go scuba diving or Roatan, I will set you up. At least get you 4 hours out no charge one day. Just tip the captain and mate. Travel time to fish is of course like 1 minute. We go in the gulf and spend a lot of time trying to get out to 20 miles or so.
    Here we anchored closer to mainland Honduras where there are little islands to trek around. Then he grills some soft tacos on the boat while people search around. I'm more of a sit on the boat and watch.

Attached Files:

10. Ssmiff

do it. worse that happens is you come back with no regrets. I want to see the sunrise and set for cheap, so I gotta go less luxury. Having this boat available is definitely a plus. wasted seamen.png

11. Ssmiff

And, 3 families rented this house, which cost us much roatan house.jpg less than it would in Destin or PCB for that spot and view.

12. JayVols

That's nice.

13. Ssmiff

last pic. Happy dad. The only football fun I've had all year. Won it all today for btb titles for 5th/6th grade and they get to go on the field at the music city bowl. Avion Black on left and Bernard Pollard on the right. Old school coaches pushing my little on e to have some thick skin at 10 yrs old. wnsl.jpg

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've never landed one of those bastards, I've had a few on but they broke me off

15. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

I've caught 2...best fight imo is an amberjack, those things are always fun

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I caught a 4 and a half foot amberjack this summer, it kicked my ass. It was also out of season, the deck hand measured him and chucked him right back. I was kind of pissed

17. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Dad use to take his customers on 2 12 hour days... If I agreed to DD, he'd take me along.

First trip, first day, we got into a mess of amberjack and brought back about 400 lbs...

Next day, went for grouper and got about 300 lbs.

Also caught cobia and wahoo on that trip.

That trip completely ruined me on freshwater fishing for years.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It would me too

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

We ever get rid of numbnuts and hire a football coach I'm ETN bound

20. Ssmiff

Never caught amberjack. Caught some barracuda and surprisingly, they give up really quickly. Big fish but locals said not to eat them. Some can be poison or bad, supposedly.