If/When Dooley gets fired.....

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Apr 2, 2012.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yes, but I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that the coaches at UF and UGA are dead men walking. Also, UF isn't Strong's alma mater. He was there a long time, but who knows if that's really his dream job or anything.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

if he's good enough to be swayed by other offers from major powers, he'll have turned around tenn enough that they could pay him sabanesque money. even if he leaves the program woudl be in much better shape. i'd say it's worth the risk. i've always like smart. i understand your guys arguments, but he'd have to of learned a lot from saban and i've liked him when i've seen him interviewed. maybe not good enough for tenn, but i'd take him at cal in a heartbeat.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

the comment about Groves getting banned from toos actually made me lol. It's really just never gonna happen.

4. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

Today there is no worry of UGA or UF snatching a coach.

But should someone come in next season and succeed, after three years the situations at UGA and UF could be completely different.

Strong has been at UF for 12 years in his coaching career. He has been there four different times. I think it would be safe to assume that he enjoys being there.

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Nope.

TOOS + Justin = BFFNMW (BFF no matter what)

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think Sandusky has gotten PSU alumni blackballed from the job.

7. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Heard that Hamilton screwed things up with him when he hired Kiffin. Can't remember exactly what was said about the situation, but it was somewhat similar to Dickey taking a call from Tim Floyd while in Kevin Stallings's house. Maybe a cross between that and the Kippy Brown situation.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

kptvol has it right. they are blackballed now, but give it 3 years and they'll be desperate for tradition.

9. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Biased much?

You're a [uck fay]ing idiot if you think anyone previously mentioned in this thread can win "9 or 10" games at Vanderbilt.

Do you honestly think its a fault of Franklin's that they were robbed of a 10 point win in Knoxville? How many mistakes were the fault of Franklin when his team fumbled away what had been a dominant game over top-10 ranked Arkansas.

Put in the proper context and James Franklin performed one of the best coaching jobs in the conference since Jackie Sherrill at MSU in '91.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

How were they "robbed" of a win in Knoxville?

11. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

When a FG is blocked, how many times have you seen an official throw a flag for roughing when 4-5 defenders had a legitimate shot at making the block? That was a chicken shit call that should never have been made.

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'm in Nashville and would be more against Franklin at UT than hat was against Pearl at UT. The dude is a [uck fay]ing clown. He beat shitty teams and has a whole town sucking his [penis] because he makes daily calls into the radio show. His biggest claim to fame is that he nearly beat Arkansas and Tennessee, which is supposed to be some kind of accomplishment. Big damn deal. Shitty teams almost beating a quality team happens every year. Hell, I remember Vandy almost taking down Bama a few times, even the Gators in '96, not to mention Peyton a couple of times.

Unless we need a hot headed, media whoring dipshit as coach, I would stay away from Franklin.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I had forgotten about that. They did rough the kicker but it is rarely if ever called

14. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Its never called. The officials know its the OLs primary job to protect the kicker. When there is a jailbreak and the kick is blocked the OL failed in protecting the kicker. When the kick is not blocked it becomes their job to protect the kicker.

15. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Best post in a while, honestly.

16. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

It UT were to hire Franklin, it would be one of the worst days in UT football history. It would rank right up there with Kiffin leaving.

17. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Best coaching job in two decades?

18. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I like [penis] Huffman and hate James Franklin. I'm at a crossroads.

I like the coaching job Lou Holtz did at USC in 2000 and 2001. And what Nick Saban did at LSU -- which had been moribund for almost three decades -- was pretty impressive.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Agree all the way around. I'd also consider Rich Brooks with UK in 2007 to be on par with Franklin's last season. Not that it was all that great, but they did beat the national champs.

20. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

They also didn't do shit on offense all game. You could just as easily say Tennessee turned an easy three score win into an overtime game.