POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

There was coverage. This is akin to 9/11 steel doesn't melt silliness

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Illegal immigrant children were on the inside of the twin towers making sure the buildings collapsed.

Boom. Prove me wrong.

3. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

There was sufficient coverage? Is that how the media was able to successfully release a photo from the Obama admin on immigrant children conditions and pin it on Trump?

Referencing 9/11 or anything else is irrelevant. If you are done with the discussion, say so.

4. GahLee

The report is based on over 30,000 pages of documents dated between 2009 and 2014. The documents were obtained by the ACLU Foundation of San Diego & Imperial Counties and the ACLU Foundation of Arizona through a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit co-counseled with Cooley LLP. The documents feature numerous cases of shocking violence and abuse against migrant children, many of whom arrived in the United States fleeing violence in their home countries.

I am not alleging anything. The ACLU might be, 30,000 documents worth.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Pin it for all of an hour before people corrected it by identifying it as a picture used during the coverage years ago you are claiming didn't happen?

Unaccompanied children ending up in bad situations when trying to unite them with family is awful.

Splitting families to create bad situations is a higher level of agency and fault. They aren't equivalent.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

So the ACLU isn't in on it?

7. GahLee

Welcome to 2018, where a day or two or even a few hours can sway public opinion. Social media is a real mother[uck fay]er. The second line is misleading, you know it. If you are just wanting to argue in a circle, let's just call it. I don't care which case you consider to be more egregious, they both are, I can admit that, can you? If so, what would be a fix and why? If not, there is nothing left to talk about.

8. GahLee

Did you read the article?

9. GahLee

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

No, I'm going to look at youtube for clips from when thousands of unaccompanied minors showed up and post the extensive coverage. Then I will look for the thread from that time, which if I can find it will be a lot like that time syria shouldn't be attacked but then should.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I didn't see anything about the aclu?

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

(note how Trump has done the opposite)

NOW, get a load of this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quYm43moRc4

If this isn't enough, let me know. Nothing on the internet goes away. I can find as much as you would like to demonstrate the issue was covered, liberals saw it as a humanitarian crisis then as now. As for the conservatives, well, you can draw your own conclusions because I don't know how to make sense of their collection of views between now and then.

I'll see if I can find the thread here on it.

14. GahLee

So why wasnt anything done?

15. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

What does any of your above have to do with your below?

The ACLU has 30,000 pages of documents discussing why there wasn’t wall to wall coverage?

16. GahLee

Was the coverage anything like this? Was the pressure anything like this? If so, why wasnt anything done. It only took a few weeks to get an EO out of Trump.

17. GahLee

You didnt read the article either. You said I am peddling a conspiracy, which is ridiculous. I didnt come up with 30k documents on immigrant treatment from 2009-2014.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Hell of a striker

emainvol and Indy like this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Something was done.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/11/20/us/2014-11-20-immigration.html

At the same time, Biden and the State Department (when we had one) worked with Central American countries to curtail the number of unaccompanied minors coming to the border.

The numbers then declined, but were still in the thousands.

Now, thanks to Trump's policy, we generate more ourselves!

And just for fun, here was Tenny's take when the EO's were announced:

Tenny on Obama’s immigration policy:
    He's the hack he believes me to be. Feel free to visit that thread.

Still looking for the one where the children were discussed.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Found it!

Starts here:
    Pretty interesting conversations. Points to Uni for talking about MS-13 back then.

Interesting Tenny post:

To which Unimane guessed "0%", and has been proven correct.

Later, Voldad had an interesting suggestion:

Tenny continued to think amnesty was imminent:

Then there's Tenny on not liking immigrants being detained even temporarily:

Doing less than that now, bro.