POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

All these lies about Obama admin housing kids in the same conditions, and here posters were complaining about the opposite:

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

What does any of your above have to do with your below?

The ACLU has 30,000 pages of documents discussing why there wasn’t wall to wall coverage?

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Please find me saying that I was outraged. The conversation was around Dreamers and open borders. At the time people were told in heir home countries they could stay if they got here. You complained, as usual, hat we were not doing enough for them. My complaint was that, though it was not our responsibility to fly them home, if we were then we should fly them home faster rather than house them in a hotel.

I also remember being told that illegal immigrants crossing our border was no longer a problem. That since Trump was elected they were leaving rather than trying to get in.

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Funny, I show videos of decent detention centers like Norris said he wanted and ask if the cages are only sorting facilities until they get passed to the detention centers. You make a comment about single Window being broken and point again to the cages without answering my question.

Then point to an Obama hotel as proof there was not similar cages for children despite undisputed pictures of Obama keeping children in cages.

GahLee likes this.
  6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

7. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

The part about the ACLU was taken directly from the article. I just copied it. Article details utter chaos under Obama. Much like under Trump.

Maybe I just completely missed it but I dont remember people losing their shit about it.

8. GahLee

My kids like Pokemon Go. Sometimes they watch this kid who apparently knows everything there is about Pokemon Go. Its always been innocent. Last two videos have had a PSA on this very issue. I was kinda shocked it had reached that far.

9. GahLee

That is hilarious.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Now we separate them from family and bus them 1000 miles away. You find this better or worse?

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's cages and tents now, as I said. Before it was a "problem" to house them in, you know, housing.

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I provided multiple videos of housing and the tents are for 16-17 year old boys and include cafeteria, supervision, medical, and rec areas.

You have yet to tell me if the cages were temporary sorting centers or actual long term detention centers.

13. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Which means there are three, real, areas here:

1) Generally the same people lost their shit, and you don't remember it. In which case, you aren't offering a fair criticism, just getting lost in "currentism."

2) Generally the same people weren't aware of it.

3) Generally the same people were aware of it, and thought it an acceptable practice.

You order of likelihood is 2 > 1 > 3

So given that, what is your argument? That we weren't aware? That we were aware and didn't care? Or you just don't remember, and aren't making any arguments? Where ya going here?

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

The facilities in Time and other places resemble juvenile hall. The kennels may just be for a period of weekz, until they are given a cell.

A prison has all the things you listed

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Not a Trump deal, but SCOTUS tossed a 26 year old ruling out the window today, Quill, that will open up internet sales tax to everywhere, and it looks like they left it wide open to completely rewrite the rules.

16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

That damned tax and spend liberal Supreme Court!

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yes, Thomas, Alito, and GOursch are all flaming liberal who voted for it.

18. GahLee

The hysteria is dialed up under Trump. My mind will not be changed in how the media covered the two. So it isn't option one. The answer is split between 2 and 3. Some were aware but it didn't register as Nazi/internment camps. And others were blissfully ignorant.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Did you read the immigration thread in 2014? Obama was granting amnesty any moment!

20. GahLee

I'm referencing wall to wall coverage by national media and social media outrage, not a pissing contest between a handful of guys on a sub-forum to Tennessee athletics. I will check it out however.