POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Physician, heal thyself.

Don't presume to think you know what I want or believe.

2. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

At a minimum, I'm sure there will be a Hall of Hannity and The Putin Palor reserved in Trump Presidential Library. You know they gotta already have the plans in the works. Gilded gold, autographed, framed pinups of all the hot chicks he paid and errythang. It will be awlsome.

3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Find it very surprising that Kavanaugh has a lower net supportive polling (those who approve minus those who disapprove) than Harriet Miers did - in both Gallup and Pew. That’s wild. Won’t mean anything but I find it odd.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I wouldn't even put her in the top five most electable, maybe top ten. Her days are done.

JayVols likes this.
  5. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Dude, no one in America made Trump do the shit he has done/is doing ("alledgedly", so as not to hurt your feelings). That is all on Trump.

JayVols likes this.
  6. JayVols

Speaking of things on Trump, I just saw where Michael Cohen has tapes of Trump talking about payments to a Playboy model.

Lordy, there are tapes.

I know it's absolutely shocking, but Trump lied.

Again.

Curious as to what other conversations Cohen taped.

7. JayVols

We're finally getting ready to get serious about cyber in America.

Warning just issued that Iran has been laying the groundwork for massive cyberattacks on US & European companies & infrastructure.

Hacking the essential right of the American vote is a hoax, but they'll be hell to pay if an attack on a corporation causes them to lose a few million dollars.

Glad to see that pulling out of the Iran Deal is paying off for us.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

If so it is going to be interesting seeing how this plays out. Was he recorded illegally? Do they fall under Attorney/Client privilege? Should be interesting.

JayVols likes this.
  9. JayVols

No.

And (a non-lawyer's understanding) there is no privilege for criminal acts.

Even Hugh Hewitt just basically said Trump is legally [uck fay]ed on many levels.

10. JayVols

Again, not a lawyer but the words said were criminal conspiracy laws and campaign finance laws.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

There is privilege for criminal acts. Exception is if you are discussing an ongoing or criminal act or planning a future criminal act. But I'm pretty sure if you admitted to something in the past that's totally concluded you'd be covered.

zehr27 and justingroves like this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, and that isn't the case with Cohen and Trump's trouble.

JayVols likes this.
  13. JayVols

I have no reason to doubt that. I'll just say that I don't see that this has been concluded yet. Just like the rest of these matters, we wil all know by and by (with each indictment filed).

I'm simply not educated enough on such matters to say definitively. I can parrot the shit out of what I hear lawyers say though....

14. JayVols

I'm wondering if the conversation was discussed in terms of a hush money deal since it was recorded when he was a candidate.

For clarity, the tape of this conversation was about Karen McDougal not Stormy Daniels. I know. It's hard to keep track of all the champion of the evangelicals' side woman payments.

15. JayVols

VolDad, some insight on your questions:

The FBI has the tapes. That could answer the attorney/client privilege question. The FBI would not have them if the Special Master that reviewed everything seized in the Cohen raids had deemed them privileged.

Even if Trump didn't know the conversation(s) were being recorded, it's not illegal for Cohen to record them. New York is a single-party consent state.

Just 2 things I heard. Hope that is helpful in answering those questions.

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Didnt mean to break up the antifa party. Other presidents should have let him up I guess

Attached Files:

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

This is a non starter argument.

It is the fact that Trump has sided with Putin over his own intelligence agencies and more than once, that is causing the stir.

And his apparent contemplation of letting Russia interrogate our ambassador on US soil.

It is all far different than the pictures shown.

JudgmentVol and JayVols like this.
  18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

All US Presidents have been weak against Putin. Trump took it to a whole new level this week.

I think it goes back to his insecurities that admitting Russian interference somehow delegitimizes his election. It is long past time that he over it.

The Dooz and JayVols like this.
  19. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I checked my sources ... previous Presidents were getting blow jobs from Putin; Trump is giving them.

JayVols likes this.
  20. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I think you don’t understand the issue.