POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Most any of them? Who?

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Cory Booker, Kamala Harris, Joe Biden, etc. The weakest one is probably Elizabeth Warren and even she would be formidable for Trump. I'm not sure why you think Trump would engender "no chance" for his opponent. He's a terrible candidate who needed almost a perfect storm to win last time and has serious negatives against him with a negative approval rating in a re-election campaign. The candidate for the Democrats in 2020 will have an excellent shot at him.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

4. GahLee

I think the first two names get [uck fay]ing crushed. Biden would ride the coattails of his time under Obama and would probably pose a threat. I think the "creepy Joe" stuff would be hard for him. I think Trump will have more competition within his own Party.

5. Unimane

He will have an easy nomination. Trump won't crush anyone in the general election, though. He has severe negatives, the nature of the national election is more favorable for a Democratic candidate and his support isn't as strong as his supporters think, as they've convinced themselves (including Trump himself) that 2016 was some massive victory. It wasn't.

JayVols and tvolsfan like this.
  6. GahLee

2016 wasn't a massive victory? How can you say that?

7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

80,000 voters across three states could have changed the election by voting the other way. That’s not a massive victory.

His electoral count was decisive no doubt but the numbers behind that victory tell a story of a much closer race.

JayVols likes this.
  8. Unimane

As Tradition said, he ran a narrow flush across key states by a pretty thin margin. The popular vote isn't the decider of the election, but it does represent the close nature of the night and how he got about every toss up state to fall in his direction. Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania were won on a razor's edge by Trump. He loses those states and the election swings the other way. So, like I said, the recollection of the election has been recreated as something it wasn't, largely by the guy who won.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  9. GahLee

I don't mean in an actual numbers sense. He wasn't supposed to even make the general election.

10. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

A (close) victory against all odds is an upset, not a massive victory.

JayVols and fl0at_ like this.
  11. Unimane

12. Unimane

I wasn't going to post anything else tonight, but this was just too amazing to not post:

To be clear, Trump's validation is some guy called to tell him there are no tapes of him saying something he knows he doesn't say.

13. GahLee

Ok.

14. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Trump supporters have lost touch with reality. Case in point, their attitude towards colluding with Russia seems to be "move on, it's just Democracy."

JayVols likes this.
  15. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I will say I think Kamala Harris would get destroyed, but I don't see any real chance she survives the primary. Elizabeth Warren and Joe Biden would generate little enthusiasm. I'm not sure about Booker, but I think he could beat Trump. Who knows who will actually be the nominee, though?

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Elizabeth Warren would be fun to watch.

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Never gets old...

zehr27 and GahLee like this.
  18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I have continuously underestimated him. I thought he would drop out of the primary because he was just trolling. Then I thought he couldn't possibly win the primary. Then I thought he couldn't possibly win the Presidency. Then I thought he couldn't possibly last a year because the job wasn't really what he wanted or what he thought it would be.

I was completely wrong.

He has found a way to stay ahead of all of the shit swirling around him and still spend inordinate amounts of time at his private clubs playing golf.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

It'd be more embarrassing to overestimate him and think he was anything more than what he has always been.

20. GahLee

The party moves on or gets beat again in 2020. Personally I hope they ride the Russia thing all the way down in to the abyss.