POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I'm not taking the high road on the internet. You want to go low, I will meet you there. Would rather not, so the choice is yours.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Why is the internet any different than any other part of life? Not taking a shot at you as I see this a lot on different forms. I just find it odd that people consider the internet some kind of zone where anything goes, but wouldn't do these things in person .

VolDad likes this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

There are posts here and everywhere that wouldnt go over well in person or said at all. You do a good job staying away from personal shots. Others act like smartass kids in need of an ass whipping

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

So you want him to act like something he's not? Isn't that the reason a lot of people claim to have voted for him? Because he doesn't do that?

6. NorrisAlan

I would expect someone that is loud and obnoxious to be quiet in church. Just because you are 'something' doesn't mean you cannot understand the situation you are in and curb yourself.

So, yes, I want him to act like the office of the Presidency is something to uphold, not tear down.

We are humans, not animals compelled solely by instinct.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not sure what evidence you may have seen to support the idea that humans are not animals, are not often solely compelled by instinct, or that obnoxious people stop being obnoxious at church. Especially the last one.

8. NorrisAlan

I have seen plenty of people change against their nature. I have to believe we can do this, otherwise we might as well just sink into nihilism.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

But in certain situations anyone is driven by instinct.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Plenty of politicians "act" as if their office is something to uphold and then do a bunch of shady things behind the scenes that show they don't hold the office in high regard at all.

Again, I think a lot of Trump supporters like Trump because he doesn't do the "acting" in the first place. They see him as "real."

11. NorrisAlan

Of course.

12. NorrisAlan

But I am not one of his supporters. I expect more, obviously.

13. NorrisAlan

And just to give another example, even though I never wear a suit and tie, and that is not "me", you can be damn straight I would wear one everywhere I go as President.

Because it is expected.

14. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Anything I say here I would say to my boss. And probably have.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Me too

16. NorrisAlan

Not sure I would be able to work for your boss. Heard he is a bit of a jackass.

smokysbark, fl0at_ and justingroves like this.
  17. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Probably has a stupid construction centered slogan too like 'brick by brick'

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Ditch by ditch

smokysbark, NYY and Ssmiff like this.
  19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If I don't say exactly what I say on here, my facial expressions would convey the message.

justingroves likes this.
  20. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Idk what straight males you’ve been hanging out with, but no one I know has called a woman a “dog” or talked about grabbing them by the [ussy pay].

EDIT: And most of the misogynist schoolyard shit people talk about was said in like 1995, not 2018.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018