POLITICS Border Wall / Gub-mint Shutdown

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Dec 11, 2018.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Awwwww hell naw. You better enjoy your last day on earth. Mitch comin' for you.

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

He has a window now to recapture the narrative. And he’s good at that. I’m not counting him out.

3. CardinalVol

And he very would can do so and I'd not be shocked if he did, but right now he's losing and I think he knows it.

4. TennTradition

I could see that if it had been a Democrat or IP who had launched the first attack. But given it was Coulter, I wouldn’t come to that interpretation, personally. Rather it was using a sarcastic style to point out that Trump did the same damn thing to McCain.

5. CardinalVol

Thing is, most, even some of his supporters, didn't approve of it then either.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yes more well put. I shoulda stayed out of it.

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I don't know if this was intentionally worded this way, but if so, bravo

8. TennTradition

Looks like Coulter didn’t mind.

He’s Teflon Don. Just give me one reason to support yiu, Don.

9. CardinalVol

Actually no, but I think it works better this way.

10. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

11. CardinalVol

12. JayVols

I tend to agree.

Also, as to being here 21 days from now again...

Mitch's often used quote is, "There's no education in the 2nd kick of a mule."

Mitch ain't going for a 3rd kick.

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Oh my.

I would agree, though it’s not hard to out-wit a half-wit.

tvolsfan likes this.
  14. CardinalVol

Nope.

emainvol and JayVols like this.
  15. JayVols

As to Trump's "#winning", his uber superhuman dealmaking prowess, and his "owning the libs":

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/01/26/politics/poll-of-the-week-trump-pelosi-shutdown/index.html?r=https://www.cnn.com/politics

I know. I know. Somethin' somethin' CNN. Somethin' somethin' polls are wrong/biased/products of the globalist deeep state (including Fox's poll). Somethin' somethin' Trump's playin' 3D chess. Something somethin' nautical metric shit ton of Trump's scrotal fortitude. Somethin' somethin' gentleman's wager that Trump will smite all in ultimate victory. Etc. Etc.

Please keep thinking that way. Pretty please. Oh, and please, please, please, please declare that emergency in a last gasp desperate effort to build that wall across the entire Southern border. Toot sweet.

Wait. Didn't Trump himself say that the plan was never to build 2,000 miles of continuous wall yesterday in his speech? In fact, I'm almost positive he said that was NEVER the plan, only build in "high traffic" areas because there were natural barriers where a wall wasn't needed. Pretty sure that's what he said while crawfishing, I mean, speaking in front of the nation in his speech where he admitted he got walked by Nancy Pelosi, I mean, doubled down on the notion that he had, in fact, owned the libs over the last 35 days making him the ultimate winner.

Hate to be greedy, but a few more asks. Please please please keep putting blind allegiance in this charlatan. Keep living in your MAGA always wins bubble with Trump as the perpetual victor. Keep telling everyone who sees Trump for the pitiable, broken, and vile man he truly is that they are "dumb", "retarded", and/or "silly libs who are getting owned". I don't want to miss out on the endorphins released from my daily chuckle at such sycophantic (and flatly wrong) pronouncements.

The thing about liars and empty shells of men who believe in nothing but self is that they lie and abandon anyone/anything as soon as they determine it's in THEIR OWN best interest... leaving their indefatigably rabid supporters in a lonely personal smoldering heap of denied abandonment after they've pushed every non-like minded person away. Oh, these empty shells talk a great game, but they lack all the internals of principled individuals to stand by their people when things get difficult.

"I tried to tell you."

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think we are chasing records. And like last time, the next shutdown, which will very likely occur in about 3 weeks, will last until billion dollar industries become seriously disrupted.

What I know for a fact is that the next shutdown, more parts of the government are going to be deemed "essential" and work without pay. In fact, I won't be surprised if shutdowns in general become more about not paying than furloughing. This last one messed up a lot of things and cost some industries a lot of valuable time.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is a tragedy of our culture, because "winning" sure doesn't solve anything here. We have half the populace who sees the border situation as a crisis long ignored. We have another half that sees it as a problem and a concern, but doesn't think a massive physical barrier and extension of already the longest barriered border on Earth is the solution... Surely there is a middle ground. Dems should be pushing to find it with Trump using a map and making the wall plans more defined and concrete. He has conceded that there are places with natural barriers (mountains and rivers is what he mentioned) where a physical wall or fence is not necessary. That got my attention as a starting place of defining a scope for this issue. Or do a better job selling him on why an electronic barrier would work and how.

But they'll each just dig in their heels because our meltdown in leadership has been going on for decades and that's how we got here in the first place.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not in trouble or deflecting away from the other person. I am just pointing out that this has become a behavior that has somehow become broadly acceptable in our culture because we even tolerate it at the highest level of authority.

I like lyls. I don't want to discourage him from posting in this subforum. I'm not looking to obfuscate his point, I think it was a good one. I too am concerned with the drop in blind reverence for service, and how everything is factional now. Not even partisan, now even factional.

19. CardinalVol

Gotcha, misunderstood said post.

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The one thing I hope was learned, but not likely, by those in charge is they should not use a shutdown as a political tactic. It has always gone badly for those who attempt it, including a notable list of terrible human beings in Trump, Cruz and Gingrich. I'm happy the Democrats, for whatever reason, told Trump to pound sand and they'll only negotiate the issue, not the tactic of shutdown. I hope this goes the same for any politician who does the same.

It was a stupid idea, egged on by some Freedom Caucus members, to use the tactic and even dumber to own it before it began.