POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I wish we lived closer, I'd take you to lunch a couple of times a week.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I talked to a person who worked with IBM and their AI. she sounded like float. said that what is called "AI" is so clearly not what we all think of as "AI" and only shines in very specific areas with finite possibilities.

4. CardinalVol

I'm just being sarcastic with this. Just "Trump" and "AI" is a knock off Terminator if there ever was one.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

All I know about AI is that it was a really shitty Speilberg movie.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

philistine.

7. Unimane

I almost forgot, Don Jr. can go [uck fay] himself. "Loser teachers"? This from the guy who was born on third, thinking he hit a triple, and the son of a guy born on third, thinking he hit a triple.

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/11/gop-trump-ignored-khashoggi-report-1164487

This is a willful disregard for the law in support of a dictator who ordered the murder of a legal US resident journalist. Not surprised. Not the first time this administration has demonstrated undying loyalty to dictators. Favoring a brutal dictator over American values, laws even, one time could be seen as a mistake. Two times might be a coincidence. After 3 times, it's pretty clear it's administration policy.

I'm sure Trump's violation of this law will be overlooked or rationalized away by anyone who might proclaim the notion of the supreme importance of the law or no importance of the law, should such a proclamation actually exist that is. Just like Trump paying off women to shut them up about where he'd been sticking his mushroom [penis] to prevent election damage, allegedly.

One would think that any hypothetical rabid Trump supporter who might consider such a clever tagline would think about removing it and/or amend his/her support for the man. That is if he/she really felt the conviction of his/her words, of course. But perhaps abject hypocrisy has been his/her game all along in this hypothetical situation. Who knows?

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Jr is [uck fay]ed. Be patient. Comeuppance coming.

10. CardinalVol

Cocaine Mitch is bringing up the Green New Deal for a Senate vote, LOL

11. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I find that funny as well. This bill really needs to be hammered around in committee and shaped. There are fine pieces of it but as written it’s going to be slaughtered.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And then can be used as justification for it never seeing the light of day again because it was voted down 110-0, even though there are only 100 votes in the Senate.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It was not well thought out and released too early. IMO.

JayVols and NorrisAlan like this.
  14. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

There will be follow-ups.

I think this was intended to make a splash and set they tone.

15. Unimane

It's too sweeping and ambitious to have any hope. I like AOC, in general, and a lot of her basic advocacies. However, my worry has always been is she's too much of an ideologue and won't get anything done, i.e. she cares more about being right and not practicality. She could go after certain parts of this "New Deal" and work towards the greater goal, but this was never going to pass.

tvolsfan likes this.
  16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It will be interesting. One of my friends is a huge supporter of hers, and she's been posting stuff about how even Dems are starting to raise money to try and unseat her in the next election cycle.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Cannot have someone rocking the boat. I have been very critical of her, but she is ruffling a lot of feathers, and there is something to be said for that, as long as it is done well.

18. Unimane

She reminds me of my first wife, a granola liberal type who is a little off kilter with some of her Save the Earth ideas. The problem lies with the fact that she doesn't often realize she pushes her ideas too far, accepts no compromise and refuses to acknowledge she may be wrong in any way whatsoever.

I do enjoy the fact that she's pushing the envelope in a constructive way. I just don't want it to be for show without any effect.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I like that she's rocking the boat.

I personally don't like her politics, but she's a true believer but that's not what her church wants

zehr27 likes this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

the video of her talking about how to be a bad guy legally in Congress is the most watched congressional video ever, apparently. or something along those lines.