POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I'm game.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Special treatment. Got a great deal for no reason, and other charges from other victims ignored completely, based on his wealth and influence. And all the details? Sealed. Work is being done to unseal them.

Notice the pattern here. And prosecutors have immunity. They can do this stuff without consequence. Wonder what Barr was getting a legal opinion on prior to releasing his summary? I'm guessing making sure HE couldn't ever be charged for obstruction-- which he can't. Not in that role.

One day this stuff will get unsealed/released, in each of these 3 instances. It's anybody's guess if it happens in an unredacted form in time to even matter for those involved. That's what power and money can get you. That's what makes the whole Varsity Blues case so funny: they bungled it. They did it the illegal way, when they probably could have just donated to the school directly and found a legal way in like Dr. Dre's daughter.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

One day you will realize the world does not work like you think it should. It's sad but true.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think that day was some time ago. It absolutely does not work like I think it should.

You know what happens to a prosecutor who withholds potentially exculpatory evidence until the start of the trial? Nothin! "Justice" system!

zehr27 likes this.
  5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I didn’t say it made them violent criminals, and neither did Trump.

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This is exactly justice. It needn’t be fair. Or just. His case has been thrown out and he is now completely exonerated and innocent. That’s clearly the law.

If people don’t like how it turned out, they should pass laws to prevent its occurrence.

This is perhaps akin to how Michael Jackson “beat” a couple of his charges, IIRC - you pay the witnesses enough and they refuse to participate in the prosecution.

Kudos to Chicago’s mayor for calling it out, even if he’s powerless to prevent or reverse it.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Do you many people that have moved to the US from central America?

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not in a personal way. Nice try, ICE.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well maybe Trump sucks at communicating, and a lot of this has snowballed to extremes.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I looked up the definition and synonyms of justice. It doesn't seem to be anything like justice.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Whatever one's position about government's role in funding various initiatives, there are some gross things being said regarding the special olympics out there on social media. There are some absolute ghouls out there.

12. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Epstein is coming and heads will roll.

13. GahLee

Marlo(The Wire)-You think it's one way but its really the other.

Fans of The Wire will remember the line.

14. GahLee

Internet is full of disgusting people. Anonymity protects them. Jordan Peterson had the idea of making Twitter users use their real names to prevent such malicious content from circulating. Can't call it a bad idea but it'll never happen.

15. GahLee

He does. Hard. Listen to an interview of him in the 80's or 90's, very coherent and articulate. He is in his 70's, he is like most older men I have met, zero filter, no time to waste on fluff. Some can't handle it. I understand why.

16. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

yeah, it doesn't seem like justice at all. And the plea deal could have been downright illegal. I haven't been following the case closely, but I do think there were questions as to whether the Fed Attorney followed federal law with respect to consulting/interviewing victims prior to making the deal.

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

18. GahLee

Nothing to see here.

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

OK, the ending was unexpected.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator