POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I’m sorry your Googljng wasn’t more accurate.

The DNC refused to give the servers to the FBI, and that hasn’t changed. Instead, they had a third party security firm share only that information which they wanted with the FBI, and lo and behold, which didn’t include any info which proved who hacked it.

You know, as you do.

So, “the Russians” did it, obviously.

And Float never told me that, insofar as I recall.

Best, the DNC could hand those servers over today, if they so chose.

Link: https://thehill.com/policy/national...-fbi-did-request-access-to-hacked-dnc-servers

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

3. Tenacious D

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

What do you think about him saying we need to get rid of judges today?

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

“Mr. Assange has violated the agreement we reached with him and his legal counsel too many times,” Moreno said in the interview in the city of Guayaquil. “It is not that he cannot speak and express himself freely, but he cannot lie, nor much less hack private accounts or phones.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-terms-of-london-embassy-asylum-idUSKCN1RE1TL

6. Tenacious D

Subpoena him and bring him over. Don’t you guys like investigations? Don’t you own the House?

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Can't while he is in that embassy. That is the point. Obama wanted him badly.

8. Tenacious D

Offer safe passage to and from.

Go there and get his testimony. This isn’t hard.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

He. Won't. Testify. He is an enemy of the American government. He's also wanted for rape in Sweden or some such.

10. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

@IP....and go!

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

My sons' constant noise is definitely causing me to get cancer.

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

His commentary on wind power over the past couple of days has been especially stupid, even for him. His treatment of Puerto Rico, particularly lying about the funding and playing of parts of the country off one another, was galling and disgraceful, worthy of a large sized controversy and scandal under any normal administration. For Trump, though, it's just another Tuesday of being a trash loser.

gcbvol and tvolsfan like this.
  13. NorrisAlan

Happy to see this. Have waited to comment after reading more about the First Step law. I would like to see it taken even further and revamp all sentencing in this country. We are a third world country when it comes to how we incarcerate people.

gcbvol and Ssmiff like this.
  14. Unimane

It's a good start on some semblance of prison reform for a bill, or idea, previously plagued by partisan nonsense, shockingly, from Mitch McConnell and opposition from dickheads like Tom Cotton. Obama supported such a bill and was blocked by McConnell, but the current version was pushed by a Republican(s) and had solid bi-partisan support, plus Kushner lobbied Trump to get behind it. Hopefully, this bill is the beginning of more reform and not considered the solution.

tvolsfan, gcbvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  15. Tenacious D

You can imagine how sorry I am to point this out, and for multiple reasons, but it was actually President Obama who ushered this through Congress and signed it into law.

16. Unimane

The First Step Act? I think it was introduced last year. Or, are you referring to the Fair Sentencing Act passed in 2010?

17. Tenacious D

No, the First Step Act.

Obama actually pushed it through Congress and signed it into law.

18. NorrisAlan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Step_Act

Introduced in 2017 and signed into law by President Trump in Dec 2018.

19. Unimane

20. NorrisAlan

I mean, he could be mistakenly saying Father instead of Grandfather, but then he talked about his mom in the same breath. Weird.