Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by lumberjack4, Mar 14, 2012.

1. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

JudgementVol lives up to his handle.

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Why was Ghost in the opening charge of the battle and never again in the episode? Was there a point to showing it?

3. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Well she is s trained assassin, so that helps. I’m assuming she was up in the tree before the NK arrived.

4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I thought he was gonna come back and Jon was gonna have to kill him

Tenacious D likes this.
  5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Outstanding episode. Maybe the best so far.

I was certain that the credits were going to roll when the NK approached Bran and they were staring at each other.

I still don’t understand WTF Bran is doing. He wargs(?) into a bunch of ravens? Who gives a shit. He’s like the GOT version of the Wonder Twins.

Shape of a bunch of ravens!
    Form of, a bucket of soapy water!

PilotFlyingJ, hohenfelsvol and reVOLt like this.
  6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Maybe the only thing I didn't like about the episode. But it makes him look less infallible at the very least.

The Arya scene was incredibly well shot. Miguel is a damned artist

Tenacious D and reVOLt like this.
  7. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

I'm exhausted after that

8. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

The show was an emotional roller coaster ride. Had a feeling the only way to get the NK was by being sneaky so Arya was the perfect candidate. So those that said this battle would end quickly and we move on to the Game nailed it.

9. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Kinda pissed about Lyanna Mormont

VolDad likes this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

we came for a battle, and we got a horror movie.

how the hell anyone is left to fill out an army against Cersei is beyond me

kmf600 likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

she had the best onscreen death of the series, come on

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

was on the edge of my seat. i don't think the show always has to kill off people, but the reputation always makes you doubt, which is good enough imo

IP likes this.
  13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

[dadgum]it. At least it wasn't too much of a part of the episode, but it could have ruined it. Otherwise, top notch.

InVolNerable likes this.
  14. Unimane

Well, 1/7. I almost had Jorah, but went with Davos, instead. I guess they are saving big deaths for the end.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

17. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Biggest complaint was essentially screaming that Arya was going to kill NK half way through the episode. That being said the build up was good,but things dragged a little in the middle.

utvol0427 likes this.
  18. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Holy shit....lmfao

19. Unimane

Great episode with stunning cinematography. The darkness was the point, too, for all the complaints about the lack of light. A few small quibbles.

1. The aforementioned ham fisted raising of the dead in the crypts. Seriously, not one [uck fay]ing person saw this coming?

2. How useless were the White Walkers in this episode? Did they kill one person? No. They just rode their horses and then fell asleep as Ayra offed their king. Worst bodyguards since John Frederic Parker.

3. Implausible that none of the main characters died, especially with so many situated at the front line. Jaime and Brienne, backs against the wall, fighting wave after wave of the dead, survive? Ohhkayyy....

The only main-ish person to kick it was...

4. Theon. But, can a dude get a little warning from his clairvoyant brother-type after putting his life on the line to protect him all night? A "Hey, just hang back for about another minute or two, ok?" would've sufficed.

Still, great episode. An oddly happy festival scene previewed for next week after a massive bloodbath of family and friends, but, sure, ok.

I'd have to think the northerners and the Stark and Dany crew get some serious loyalties and respect thrown their way for what they did for everyone. We'll see if the writers worked it out this way.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  20. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

He was the bait, if you could fish worth a crap, you'd understand