Cameron Clear Arrested? (Yep, he has been.)

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Indy, May 22, 2012.

1. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Im not disputing that it was. I am saying that what we don't know is whether or not Dooley has approached Clear and set some sort of punishment or not. That is my argument. Dooley should get slammed for this if he has done nothing to this point, but if he has approached Clear, and he just kept on doing it, than I won't blame Dooley for this.

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Why would that be interesting? It's as predictable as every other move he's made at UT. He'll take a black eye and turn it into a bullet wound. That's what imbeciles do.

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Very likely, but he has different options for making that happen. Will he waffle back and forth on punishment for a month only to suspend him for the first half against Georgia State? Will he keep him around with some ludicrous analogy involving grooming pets for show or something else completely unrelated and foolish sounding? Will he hide in his office while his mommy makes the talk show rounds in his defense?

That last one will probably happen anyway.

4. hatvol96

Good point. Creative incompetence can be interesting.

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

So, Clear has sticky fingers? Well damn it all, UT has to keep him on the team because that means he can at least catch.

6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

What I should've said was "so he's doing shit again after Dooley already *ahem* handled it? [displeased grumble and/or facepalm]"

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Damn, I was partially convinced that Dooley was to a point that he could only marginally [uck fay] things up because he had brought in some reasonably competent assistants and looked to back off his micromanaging. Unfortunately, the dude is like herpes, intermittent flare ups and you always have the disease just waiting to sprout.

The worst part in all of these situations are the dumb[uck fay] fans who sit around and chastise other fans for "not waiting until all the facts come out", as if him sitting in a Knox County jail cell is simply hearsay However, in accordance with the proportionality theory of fandom, the value of the player to their chosen team correlates with their sympathy for him. Thus, Clear gets sympathy and Palardy gets the Fredo Corleone treatment. Naturally, this will all change the second Clear gets the boot and Palardy can kick an extra point without people legitimately thinking it's a 50-50 proposition that he'll make it.

8. hatvol96

I'm to the point of hoping this turns into such a mess that either Chaney or Sunseri is the head coach when we play NC State.

9. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

from deerpark12 on toos...

"OK, final update on this. Nothing to do with a previous alleged theft, although this could bring those allegations back to life. Cam Clear's arrest was on a new charge, on a laptop reported stolen last week from Gibbs Hall by a student-athlete in a sport other than football.

He was caught with the laptop in his hands on Tuesday after he used it to access the campus network. Since the laptop was registered with OIT at UT, a notice popped up because it had been reported as stolen. OIT called it in, UTPD responded to the area where the computer was logged on to the campus wireless network, and he was arrested with the computer in his hands."

-------
    goodbye Cameron Clear.

This is another note in the Dave Hart Dooley notebook, to be sure. It won't put Derek in the ditch though.

Wins/Losses people...

10. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

a more detailed report from GVX...

-KNOXVILLE — Tennessee sophomore tight end Cameron Clear logged into a jail cell Tuesday night after University of Tennessee police caught him online with a stolen laptop, court records released today show.

Clear, 19, of Memphis, faces a charge of felony theft. He remained in jail this morning with bond set at $2,500.

UT baseball pitcher Brandon Jeffrey Zajac had reported his laptop, a MacBook Pro, stolen from his Lake Loudon Boulevard dorm room on May 19, according to an arrest warrant.

UT police detected Tuesday someone was using the laptop to log into the university's wireless network and caught Clear sitting at the keyboard, according to the warrant.

"Upon my arrival, I saw Mr. Clear sitting with a silver MacBook in his lap," UT police Cpl. Ben Doty wrote. "Once he saw the officers, he closed the laptop."

The laptop's serial number matched the stolen MacBook, Doty wrote.

Clear, who's 6-foot-6, 283 pounds, ended spring practice as the backup to starting tight end Mychal Rivera. He caught only one pass last year as a freshman but was expected to play a more prominent role in the offense this season.

Clear was one of the most heralded signees in UT's 2011 recruiting class. In his senior season at Memphis Central, he caught 18 passes for 250 yards and six touchdowns. He also had 60 tackles and eight sacks on defense.

11. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

gvx says he remained in jail this morning.

patrick brown,tfp, says he made bail late last night..

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

1) Tennstud proves to be wrong again

2) Tennstud butt hurt over a Memphis recruit getting busted. I am not surprised.

13. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

Dooley is not recruiting at an SEC level. Top 25 classes aren't going to win here.

He has several bright spots sprinkled around the roster, but not an SEC team. So, when a star player misbehaves (like Da'Rick), he has no choice but to turn a blind eye to it.

14. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

Something else...

You know what Dooley should be blamed for? Not being a leader or building them. Cam Clear should of been knocked onto the straight and narrow by his teammates. That's where the leadership should be. Same with DaRick's 'moments'. Same with Bray's aloof, unconcerned persona.

Team leaders handle those things. That's not being instilled here. And that's why Ivan Maisel may just be right, "[ddiapos] will be fired before the end of the season".

Leadership goes wanting. Dooley just goes.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

As currently stands, I'm banking on a 2 game suspension for Mr. Clear.

This is an absolute and total mess.

16. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

not possible

17. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Dooley has to eventually add something positive to his resume, right? He's contributed nothing but failure and humiliation during his time here. Nothing. A place like Tennessee should never have to suffer this kind of continuous bullshit.

18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

If he ever steps foot in the locker room, again - without his task requiring a mop and bucket - then the players should force Hart's hand to intervene.

Strongly.

19. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I went to TOOS to troll around and belittle people for a bit. I couldn't even do that. The stupidity -- the extravagant states of denial -- is just too much for me to handle.

20. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

His tenure has been one of continuous chaos .. no progression. People know about the out of control locker room and the drawing plays in the dirt (Bray) and the complete ignorance of tradition (UsuK game) and the infuriating micromanagement of everything between Lake Loudoun and Volunteer Blvd ...... and no one wants to admit that we have a loser as HC.