POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

True. I said it was a cake walk. And I believe it is. I dont recall it being all that difficult. Aside from the newborn phase, which just means you get to sleep 3 hours a day and like it.

2. GahLee

Liar.

One word.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Do whatever you want, and take it however you will. I assure you that I’d say it directly to your face, read it to your momma, whatever you’d need, dude.

You aren’t the only one with a less-than-idyllic upbringing. That’s still no excuse to be an asshole, and again, to spew nonsense.

Don’t start swinging and then [itch bay] about getting punched, and particularly when what you’re saying is easily disproven nonsense.

73 words.

4. Tenacious D

Perfect.

1 word.

GahLee likes this.
  5. GahLee

What is nonsense? That I think men should work, instead of being stay at home dads? Or that once kids are in school, the role of the stay at home parent becomes something totally different? Or that taking care of a toddler isnt all that hard.

Where is the nonsense?

I wasnt "swinging" on anyone. Hadn't criticized anyone parenting style, their upbringing or the relationship with their kids. That was done by others.

And here you are insulting me, my mother and my father, for no good reason. I haven't done any of that.

But I'm the asshole spewing nonsense?

6. GahLee

A guy I work with often says this "the best part about being perfect is pointing out everyone elses faults. "

I get a laugh every time.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I feel like people vary more within a gender than you are giving credit for.

8. GahLee

And no, I don't believe for a second you'd ever speak to somebody that way in person. But perhaps you are bigger asshole than I thought.

9. GahLee

Explain

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

there are many women who are suited for work outside the house, and would be unfulfilled at home. Likewise, show me a group of 20 men at work and try to tell me not even one of them is a shitbird. Haha, you know I am right on that count. every job, office, task force, team, and chain gang has a shitbird in their midst, and I doubt they should be raising kids at home either.

11. GahLee

Well yes, there are women who are more suited for work than staying home. In today's age especially. Women today are actually more suited for outside work, the last half century dictated that. And sure, there are men who are fully capable of staying home, being a great parent and probably doing much, much more than that.

But I'm not basing a general belief within what I see as a marginal group.

Men and women have biological needs, wants and desires. They differ greatly at times. This was a difference among us but women work almost as much as men do now. I believe it to be genetically encoded in men to work. So those that dont, I'm curious about because I dont get it all.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

you seem to be describing a belief that you have and evidence contrary to the belief. men are not genetically identical

13. GahLee

I'm not talking about every man who has ever lived my guy. The majority of us are born to work.

14. GahLee

Didnt take long did it?

15. GahLee

My sons are 19 months apart and I spent a considerable amount of time as the sole parent with them in their toddler years. In fact, nearly every day off for about 3+ years was spent like this. As my wife was either working or going to school. Overall it was a fun experience. We ate cereal and watched Ninja Turtles. Played with legos. Truly a cake walk because I'm just hanging out with my kids.

My days off now they are gone for 8 hours of the day, what I do with my time is mine and mine alone. I couldn't imagine having that kind of free time without a job. Which leads me to men who don't work and what they do or don't do with their time. And how it isnt a job at all once they become self sufficient and are in school.

16. GahLee

The only way it could be exhausting is if you don't like spending time with your kids.

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

By year 4 of staying at home with my twins my wife was definitely ready to go back to work (she’s a teacher which works great) and stir crazy. My sister in law is a full stay at home mom and is the busiest person I know. That being said she fills her day with things she doesn’t HAVE to do.

19. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

"The only way it can be exhausting is if you don't like your job."

So why is your statement true, but the one I just posted is false?

20. Tenacious D

This will be the most abrupt end to any topic in the history of this board.

NorrisAlan likes this.