POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Can you
    Well you assumed I'm an absent parent and that I dont have fun with my kids and I'm akin to your grandfather that you have ignored for 20 years (implying I will suffer the same fate).

And all I said was that being a stay at home parent is easy. Because it is. At least compared to parenting once they are older and become an individual with deeper needs than a diaper change.

I look back at that age and think to myself, I was stressed over that? That's nothing. I had it on easy street.

2. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I would wear an orange suit for my kids for 20 consecutive life sentences, but it would be hard for me to stay at the house with them all day without a break.

justingroves likes this.
  3. GahLee

Men need work and to provide. Simple as that. I've seen men go without work and it nearly broke them. Hell, I was half crazy in just 30-40 days of being unemployed.

That's all.

4. GahLee

Popping a cartoon on and making scrambled eggs isnt hard my man. Reading books and playing with Tonka trucks isnt hard.

Work is work. And its infinitely harder to do than any of the above. And I dont care what you do for money. It takes more effort than sitting on the couch with a toddler watching ninja turtles eating cheerios.

5. GahLee

Stir crazy. Stay at home parents get breaks, I assume.

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

1. You seem like a overly mouthy, largely ignorant and attention-whoring person.

2. You were raised to be this way, ostensibly, using the same childcare day schedule you posted earlier.

3. I don’t blame you, but your shitty parents. First your dad, for foregoing a rubber on the front end, and later your mother. in not availing herself of the benefit of Roe. Now we have to read your crazy shit and being forced to know that you exist.

Squeaked it in just under 75 words.

The Dooz likes this.
  7. Tenacious D

When done correctly, raising kids IS WORK.

Seven words.

8. GahLee

Now if you are homeschooling your children, that is completely different. And I believe it is totally acceptable for a woman to stay at home with their infant to toddler child. Men less so. But once that child enters school, you are just unemployed and the stay at home thing sorta goes out the window.

And I'm not even saying that is a bad thing, especially for women. I'm just calling it what it is or at least how I see it.

9. GahLee

Sure it is, anyone with kids can tell you that. Especially the infant to toddler stage. They need something all the time. After that, you are just chilling at the house waiting to pick them up from school. Missing an opportunity to earn a living that will better their life and more importantly missing an opportunity to gather self worth. Which we hopefully get from providing a service.

10. GahLee

That is some awful shit to say about somebody. Hope you feel better about yourself though.

11. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

What if your job is a male nanny?

12. GahLee

I apologize to all those who stay at home with their kids. And I never should have said men have to work, wrong there too.

13. GahLee

Not the same is it? I cant imagine being some one elses babysitter is very fulfilling but to each their own.

That isnt the same as making the choice to not work at all and calling whatever it is you do at your house a job.

You can have a full time job and do everything a stay at home parent does. Doesnt work the other way.

14. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I get that.

I think it also depends on the man. But between our own psyche and cultural pressure I think not being in a bread-winning position can be very difficult for men.

I’m not sure that’s related to hard work though. That’s about providing - and some folks can do that independent of working outside the home.

Whether or not raising kids 24/7 is hard work is completely independent of the question of providing. And I believe it absolutely is hard work. There is no vacation from it - especially when the kids come to identify you as the the raider person to go to when you need things due to habit. Even when your spouse is home, the kids tend to skip over them when they need things, there are fights and they want to eat out the other one, etc. There aren’t sick days. Can’t pick your head up off the pillow? Too bad - kids are still going to need everything they always do. It is physically tiring at times - but the real grind can be mental. Also for my wife I see it in constant research. She’s read a small library trying to figure out how to help my oldest. Turns out some food sensitivities were behind most of our issues. But we are taking about a 4 year emotional roller-coaster trying to get there. Add on top of that few immediate reward structures (kids typically complain about everything, tel you how bad everything is, there isn’t pay, or raises, or atta boys (and your spouse isn’t there to see enough to really be able to give them either). The rewards are real and lasting but they aren’t always obvious.

That’s the grind. It is work. It is also incredibly rewarding. If my wife didn’t want to do it, I’d have no problem with it. I came from a house with two parents that worked outside the home. That’s hard in different ways. I know it was hard on my mom knowing she was missing class parties, events, etc. I’ll support her either way she wants to go with it. For now that’s at home. I just hope I keep my job - beyond the obvious reasons of continuing to be paid, I also don’t want to flip the situation and she work outside the home and I take care of the kids. I know I’ve got it easier now, haha.

15. GahLee

I'm actually a pretty quite person, don't really speak unless spoken to. Keep to myself unless with the family. And I had close to no structure at all as a kid. Dad wasn't around and my mom worked two jobs. My grandmother watched my cousins and I but we pretty much did what we wanted. Probably would have benefited from some of that structure but here we are. So you are dead wrong on the first two points. The next part is you being an internet coward and saying some shit you wouldn't ever consider saying to anyone in person, so I just dismiss it as such.

16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

So it's work to take care of someone else's kid, which is honorable and respectable. But a wife wanting to take care of her own kid is on vacation the rest of her life. I guess this is why childcare is free.

This is only true if unbeknownst to me, my child is put into suspended animation whenever I'm not around. Otherwise, my wife is much more heavily involved in my child's life than I can ever be, because she is with him more, taking him to the zoo or park, working on his numbers, letters, and colors, and just heavily involved in his development. Something we don't want to farm out to a child care center. These are things my wife could never have done to the extent that she can do them now while working at a paying job.

17. GahLee

It isn't even about being the bread-winner. Men need something outside the house. Women are more equipped to handle a home life than we are. And bless them for it. And bless any woman that chooses to stay home with her kids and bless the man that supports it. Makes for a good family structure. I'm not saying any of this is bad, in fact, in most cases it is good. But what do you do with your time when they are away for 8 hours? You can only clean so much, meal prep so much. And men, who let their wives work themselves tirelessly while they sit at home in sweatpants aren't doing their family any favors.

I'm staying on point here and that is that men, in most cases should not be stay at home dads. That is where I started and I haven't deviated a bit.

18. GahLee

I never said it was a vacation. Just that once they enter school, you have a massive amount of free time on your hands. I have always worked and other than a few years when my wife was either pregnant or going through nursing school, she has worked too. My kids have never, not once, been to a daycare of any sort. It's possible to do both, we have. Been really hard working out schedules but we've managed to do it.

19. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Well, that’s not all you said.

20. Tenacious D

I never felt bad about myself.

Five words.