The Death of Ahmaud Arbery

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, May 5, 2020.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Okay.

If there is camera footage, but the footage doesn't show anything of value, why should I care if they lied about the camera footage?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

because LE shouldn't ever be deliberately lying or withholding evidence

NorrisAlan likes this.
  3. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Because they lied. Why do that?

justingroves likes this.
  4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I have no idea. If they lied in order to cover something up, that's a problem. But we don't know why they lied yet, so why not wait to find out?

Is the body cam footage evidence if it doesn't show anything worthwhile? Why are we assuming it contains evidence?

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The police should never be lying. Ever. Not in reporting on an incident. We don't have to wait to find out why.

They have been entrusted by the People to defend the People, not lie to them.

SetVol13 likes this.
  6. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

FYP.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

if it contains no evidence, why lie about it existing? it isn't really possible for it to exist AND show no evidence whatsoever. it will be evidence of some kind, even if it is just evidence of the length of time or the procedure before/after or whatever.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Again, I have no idea why they would lie about its existence if it contains no evidence. Maybe it included troubling views/images that weren't really important for the investigation but could push someone in a biased direction? Again, I have no idea.

But I assume that if they lied about it existing, they did it for a reason. Whether it was to cover something up or because the footage didn't show anything of value, I'm sure we will know soon. I just don't understand the point of freaking about it now when you can wait until you're more informed about it and react appropriately then.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I can't react to the juror saying they are misleading the public?

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You can react however you’d like. I just don’t understand the purpose of being outraged or disgusted before getting all the facts. But it seems to be the norm, these days.

11. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

The outrage is the lying. You can't get all the facts, if people lie about what the facts are.

People shouldn't have to raise objections to get all the facts.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not kicking anyone's door down and spraying bullets.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

indeed, the DA only gave the option of wanton endangerment to the grand jury. the thing was rigged from the start, and he lied about it. that explains why only the misses resulted in a charge.

VolDad likes this.
  14. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Let me get some of that sweet, succulent posterity.

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Tenny really Gruden'd his election prediction.

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Where is he? Hope he didnt get sab'd then hillary'd

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Even better question, is Hat moving back to the US from Cambodia now that Trump has lost?

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

This is the big question.

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Tenny getting predictions wrong was about as common as the sun coming up. He was broken clocked once and thought it meant something, even believing Hillary was coming back during the Democratic convention.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

forgot about that one.