POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

If you're sleeping during sex, you must be the bottom [itch bay]

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Not always

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Alan starts snoring and it's like a built-in vibrating function.

SetVol13 and NorrisAlan like this.
  4. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

15 minute power naps. One positive skill acquired from my time in the military.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

The whole trial is a political scam. I would be asleep too.

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

For someone who has had his right to speech stripped from him, he sure as shit never shuts the [uck fay] up.

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

9. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Odds this gets investigated?

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

The facts seem to be misrepresented. Blackstone defaulted on it 2 years ago. It was once valued at 600 million. It is being converted to residential. Commercial real estate in NY isn't very hot in the post covid world.
    https://commercialobserver.com/2024/04/yellowstone-1740-broadway-blackstone/

I looked this up after seeing your post.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

They valued it around 1 billion at one time which it was never worth that. The valuation allowed them to basically remodel the whole place and now they are defaulting on the loan.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Did the valuation call 10k sq ft lofts 30k square ft?

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Not that big of a discrepancy but there was a discrepancy and now a bank is taking a huge loss.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Slim, I would say, but if there is some idea they were trying to game the system, investigate.

But without knowing much about the details, did they value it at $1 billion everywhere, or change it up depending on what they were wanting to do (loans vs insurance vs taxes) and did they inflate the size of some of the floors/residences? How much did they pay for it vs how much they sold it for?

Just because a company took a huge loss on a property is not clear signs of malfeasance.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Not shocked
    It was on their balance sheet for close to a billion. How do you think people get loans? Or one could say it mis represents their companies net worth.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sure investigate. See.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Agreed, but I bet it doesn't happen.

19. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

They paid $605M for it in 2014. This article mentions their typical strategy re: renovations.

https://therealdeal.com/new-york/20...-the-buyer-of-vornados-1740-broadway-sources/

IP provided a link above which reports that they defaulted 2 years ago on the $308M loan originated by Deutsche bank along with other info.

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator