POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He took into account hallways, elevators and other space he owned into the larger total. Not just living space.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

You are the one saying there is fraud, can the government not do that to you as well? Or they exempt from their own rules?

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I rely on the tax records. If I finish my basement, I would go through the county to update the records and count that additional square footage. I guess I am just a sucker.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Nice logical judo. You said everyone commits fraud all the time. That's your argument. Not mine.

5. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

He said his penthouse was 30000 square feet. It was 11000. If you think he had 20000 square feet of hallways and elevators in his penthouse and it was a gee golly honest mixup I’ve got a crypto scam you need to dump your life savings in.

How in the holy hell do people defend this shit like it’s legitimate?

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

No by your standards I said they do

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

It also assumes the 11,000 didn't include hallways. Just assumes it. And an elevator is like 15 square feet so unless he had 1,000 elevators that doesn't quite explain shit.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He counted hallways in the entire building and all storage that was not tenants. I guess he felt that was his too. How do you defend what is happening. You can't be this stupid. Anyone with a brain can see this is NY going after him for political reasons. Hell people run on it now.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is silly talk. You go through the system to get it re-assessed. Fraud is deception for personal gain. If a government worker is personally gaining from their assessments, that is already fraud on the part of that worker and not the government.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

[uck fay]ing easily, that's how I defend it. Hallways in the ENTIRE building as part of the penthouse? LOL, that is FRAUD. Storage units on other floors as part of the penthouse? FRAUD. This is obvious fraud. If I went to rent an apartment and they told me it was x square feet, and then I when touring it I ask how it could be listed as so large and they replied that the number includes the [uck fay]ing HALL and the storage unit downstairs? LOL

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

So the government can't commit fraud? They can't over tax someone? Never happens.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

overtaxing or getting the tax assessment wrong wouldn't be "fraud." I didn't say it "never happens," that is you inserting something because you are failing to defend claiming the [dadgum] hallways in the building as part of the penthouse. And that you mentioned "the elevators," haha. 15 square feet, so if there are two to the penthouse that would be like .1% of the claimed size. Ya ya, it was because he counted "the elevators!" All just a misunderstanding, your honor. Just being thorough!

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I made a mistake. 2 15 sq ft elevators would be .001% of the claimed square footage of the penthouse. I regret the error. Totally just a matter of counting elevators for the 19,000 square foot difference.

14. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

The fact people think this is an acceptable, logical jump speaks volumes.

15. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I have a 3000 square foot house but since no one else lives in my yard I'll claim 40,000 sqft for a loan. Totally reasonable decision.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

So who is the fraud to if he overstated?

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

So he claimed the correct footage to the government but different to a bank? Did the bank bring charges?

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

As written in the ruling, the fraud is to the market and affects the market.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

When you claim two different things, that is fraud. I don't know if that was just a pun on the word "charge" or what, but banks don't enforce laws.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

He literally could just shoot someone and people would defend it. Unreal.

The Dooz likes this.