Golf

Discussion in 'Sports' started by The Dooz, Jul 19, 2011.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Poor eldrick.

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

There were people that actually liked golf before Tiger.

And Koepka is a solid dude. Happy to see him win and be successful. I actually admired him finishing out before Adam Scott. Huge pay putt for Scott there.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This sounds like a preface to "get off my lawn."

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

his gf looks kinda like she could be crazy

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Thankfully you only watch about four tournaments a year so we don't have to listen to this fellating Tiger shit from you year round.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

No where near that. But shocker you are wrong. I’ll give you credit, you’re [dadgum]ed consistent.

7. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

I wouldn’t have minded Tiger winning but it’s good to see Koepka get it

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don't watch any tournaments a year. I didn't watch today.

And I'm not fellating anyone. I find Tiger's story fascinating and wouldn't mind seeing him rise to greatness again. Golf's ratings lately suggest that I'm not the only one.

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Interesting post for somebody who didn’t watch.

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Jesus. Indy is the gift that keeps on giving.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

ESPN keeps a frequently updated leaderboard with live tweets from "sports writers" on the right side of the page. In today's world, it is extremely easy to keep up with sports without watching a second of them. The only golf I watched this entire weekend was a replay of Tiger's birdie on 9, which, again, was posted on ESPN.com after it happened.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Swing and a miss... again. Might be time for you to hang it up.

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Must one physically watch something happen to understand its importance?

I've never read Moby [penis], but I still understand its importance and its place in American literature.

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Jesus Christ, Indy. You are a [uck fay]ing moron.

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

17. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I watched golf more before Tiger. Nothing to do with him, I was playing then until my back prevented my playing. Tiger is a shit of a man, and is on about the same level as Michael Vick with me.

NYY likes this.
  18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Then what's your point?

Lyls stated he's thankful that I only watch 4 tournaments a year, so he doesn't have to listen to me talk about Tiger very often. I pointed out that that thought process is incorrect because I don't really watch any tournaments, and here I am commenting on Tiger.

You then commented on my post about Tiger bouncing back from a bogey, and your post suggested one of two things:

1. Either you were suggesting that I was lying about not watching.

or

2. You were suggesting that since I didn't watch, I couldn't possibly postulate that Tiger's bouncing back on that hole could be a turning point in his career.

I refuted both. My first response pointed out the ways in which I could know about him bouncing back despite not physically watching it with my eyes (by keeping up with shot by shot recap). You told me I swung and miss, so I moved on to the second option, stating that I could still understand the importance of a particular event, even if I didn't watch it. Again, you told me I swung and missed.

So what am I missing, that only you and jackass seem to be noticing? Was there a 3rd option I'm unaware of? Are you about to tell me that I shouldn't be commenting on anything if I don't watch? Because if so, that will be funny.

19. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Did your app tell you about the coverage that Lyle was talking about?

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Yes, Indy, we completely believe you given your track record for not posting stupid shit.