2016 New Hampshire Primaries

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Feb 8, 2016.

1. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Disastrous result. That debate performance pretty much killed his chances of being the nominee.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Totally just a ploy. The mystery of the shrinking Republican base will never be solved. People must be getting bought.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Someone other than Trump had better win, or come damn close in SC and NV, or it's going to be hard to unseat him.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Too bad because I have $40 on 5 dimes on Rubio at 3-1.

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Wasn't he a supply side economic guy

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is one of the most outrageous claims you have ever made.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Call it bought, call it voting for what you think benefits you or the country most (and therefore you). It's all the same. But you are really telling me it's true that being anti these things mean you are anti black or Hispanic or are you seriously arguing democrats don't say that?

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

To me he comes off as scripted. But he also comes off as a guy that at least comprehends the issues and believes the stuff he's saying. I've been getting the distinct impression that neither Christie nor Kasich have a single core political value. Both remind of the last 2 guys in that respect, McCain and Romney.

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I suspect many from the last election would have included Romney.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Yup

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Rubio was the annointed one, but he can only read whatever he can fit on his hand apparently. If Obama was teleprompter Jesus, Rubio is crib note Krishna.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I can get on board with that interpretation completely

13. Tenacious D

I get wrangler into the assassination stuff, usually. But my strongest fascination rests on the person, and I've studied him with both regularity and intensity.

I agreed with most of his policies, but it's difficult to really assign much importance to that, given both the expanse of time and the many and fundamental shifts in America politics / populace. What was considered "radical" then is pedestrian habit, now.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

If they think Jesus was the son of God, they're a Christian imo. Broadest definition.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

If there are more than 3 candidates on Super Tuesday, it's lights out Trump wins.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Got it and I agree. Thanks

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

very broadest

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yep. And there probably will be. Trump, Cruz, and Rubio are definitely sticking. Just need one more, and Trump will be locked in.

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Did Kennedy espouse supply side or just demonstrate that it was true?

20. Tenacious D

Yes, he was a business-friendly Democrat, by today's standards, but he was largely disliked / distrusted by big business during his tenure. Once big business stepped out of line (e.g. US Steel), he'd do whatever to quell and/or crush them. You can thank his pop, Joe, for both sides of that. But, during his time, he understood the importance of big business to the economy, which is why he'd often interject himself in ways that are unheard of today.